❥Chapter 18

Emily's POV

Emily's POV

"Daddy, is she going to be okay?" A voice spoke, concern dripping with each word.

My head was pounding, and thoughts raced endlessly in my brain. Where am I who? Who was that figure standing over me? Who was the person speaking with such concern?

"She should be fine, Maggie. See, she's waking up now." An elderly voice assured, as I began to flutter my bluebell eyes open and take in my surroundings. I was in what looked to be a bedroom from an old farmhouse. An elderly man stood at the end of the bed. His face was wrinkled and his hair was white. Beside him stood a young woman probably in her twenties. She had short brown hair and green eyes. She was small figured, but looked strong. She must be the one the old man called Maggie. "Hello, young one. You've been asleep for quite a while." The man said to me.

Struggling, I slowly sat up on the bed. It was only then that I noticed the home IV that was in my left arm. I didn't know these people, but if these were the people who saved me from the walker, I'd try to trust them. "Wh-who are you? And where am I?" I asked.

"I'm Hershel Greene. And this is one of my daughters, Maggie. You're on my farm, young one. May I know your name?" The old man requested. His daughter, Maggie, smiled at me as I looked back and forth between the two. Her smile oddly comforted me.

"I'm Emily Walsh." I stated, finally calming down to my surroundings.

"Well, Emily. Do you remember what happened before you blacked out?" Mr. Greene asked, coming to my side and taking the IV out of my arm.

I tried to calm my nerves at the sight of the IV piercing my skin and answered, "I remember everything. My friend and I ran from our group because two walkers were chasing us. Soon enough, my best friend's dad came to our rescue. He couldn't put both the walkers down at the same time, so he led us to this little nook in the creek. He told us to hide and that he would come back, but my friend didn't want to listen. She decided to leave and I couldn't let her go alone. We were walking back to the highway, and then a walker attacked me from behind. I told her to run and save herself. Then this figure shot the walker and I passed out. I woke up here." I told them everything I could remember. When I started talking about how Rick couldn't put the walkers down or when the figure shot the walker that attacked me, Mr. Greene would have a flash of sadness cover his eyes and Maggie would look at him with sympathy.

"So you remember, which is good. It means you didn't hit your head when you fell. The figure, as you said, that saved you was actually a good friend of ours named Otis. He's a very humble man. After you fainted, he brought you back here, so that I could help you get back your strength." The elderly man explained.

"What about Sophia? She's the one who ran with me. Did he find her, too?" I asked, worried for my friend.

"I'm sorry, sweetie. You're the only one Otis brought back. He mentioned seeing another girl running away from you and the 'walker', but that he couldn't find her afterwards." Maggie spoke. Her voice was soothing and comforting. Almost like a mother would sound like.