Best Cousins

"Gabi" Falco called, walking up to her after their lesson had ended. She turned around to face the blonde boy and smiled. He blushed and scratched the back of his neck. He wanted to tell her he liked her but suddenly was at a loss for words. "Yes, Falco?" She asked. "Um I uh" He stuttered.

"Real subtle" Zofia laughed. "You're so mean, Zofia!" He exclaimed. Gabi looked confused, not understanding why her friends were laughing. "Why are you all laughing?" She asked.

"Go on, Falco" Udo said, adjusting his glasses.

Falco blushed a bright red and started sweating. "I uhhh...ummm" He stuttered at a loss for words. "I-I just wanted to say I'm going to make sure to top all of our classes and become class rep!" He exclaimed. He realised he was too scared to tell her, afraid of rejection.

Zofia, Udo and Kaya sighed, facepalming.

"That's what you think! That means you'll have to beat me!" Gabi said back, getting ultra competitive.

"Hey, Gabi" Reiner said, approaching the group of the first years. "Reiner!" Gabi said, smiling, hugging her older cousin. "I'm not busy today after school so do you want to spend some time together?" He asked. "Yes, definitely!" She replied, giggling.

"Is everyone all right?" He asked. "Gabi?"

"Mhm!"

"Udo?"

"Eh"

"Zofia?"

"I'm fine"

"Falco?"

"Hello"

"Kaya?"

"Yeah"

"Reiner" Kaya said. "Do you know if  big sis is busy today?"

"I'm not sure but I think she's in the kitchen right now so you can ask her if you want" He said, pointing to the kitchen. "Okay, see you all later" Kaya said, running off towards the kitchen to find Sasha.

"I see you guys are being competitive like always" Reiner said, chuckling a little. "Are you determined to beat Gabi by topping all of your classes?"

"Yes" Falco said. Gabi smirked and giggled. "I'd like to see you try!"

"Hello, you all" Pieck said, smiling. "I feel like I haven't seen you in so long. How are you all?"

"Pieck" Gabi said, jubilent. "We're all great"

"That's good"

"Hey, Pieck" Reiner said. "I was wondering why, when I saw you talking to Galliard over there, Galliard was getting flustered. Is he okay?"

Pieck chuckled thinking back to what happened.

Flashback

Porco walked calmly to his locker, he was in a good mood today despite being yelled at by Mr Yeager a few times. Smiling, he opened his locker and took out his diary. He skimmed through the pages before reaching the certain page that he wanted to look at.

It read

'My dream has come true. I am finally exactly right about something! Reiner was the one that said I was exactly right. I can't believe I'm exactly right! Finally someone notices that I, too, can be exactly right!"

"Pock, what's this?" Pieck said, smirking, snatching the diary from his hands. "Oh yeah, that's right, he said you were exactly right when we went to go see the play. I see you're very happy about being exactly right." She continued teasing Porco, making his blood boil.