A scientist's birthday

A/n
Happy Birthday to Hange!
So here's a chapter dedicated to her.

The brunette bespectacled woman furrowed her eyebrows as her eyes were fixated on the paper work that lightly sat on her desk. She let out a deep sigh as she counted how many. Fixing her glasses, she grabbed the one from the top and began to thoroughly read through it, sighing even louder. She leaned back on her chair and stretched her arms as she yawned, loudly.

"It's my birthday. I shouldn't have to be doing this" She complained and sat back properly on her chair. "It's not even anything fun like how science is! What a drag!"

Most people knew it was her birthday today and those people who knew had already wished her a happy birthday such as Mr Levi Ackerman, Mr Smith and Miss Nifa.

She stood up suddenly and slammed her hands firmly onto of her desk which sent the papers flying from the neat stack that they were once in and landing on the floor. She sighed, heavily, once more and looked down at the mess she had made.

"I guess I'd better pick these up" She mumbled to herself and began to pick up the papers from off of the floor.

"Oi" A male voice said, the man stepping into the brunette's classroom.

"Oh, Levi, is there something wrong?" Miss Zoë said, trying to kick the papers behind her, hoping that Levi wouldn't notice the mess she had made. "I'm just doing paper work. Don't mind me"

"Why are you so fucking loud? I can hear you from all the way down the hall" Levi stated, crossing his arms.

"Just a little frustrating having all this work on my birthday" Miss Zoë stated and rubbed the back of her neck, laughing.

Levi nodded but proceeded to scold Miss Zoë about the mess she had made. "I can see the mess on the floor behind you, four-eyes. Clear it up" Mr Ackerman said and then proceeded to leave the room.

Ms Zoë picked up all the papers that had flown onto the floor and sorted them neatly back onto her desk. She got took her pen from out of her hair and began to read through the documents yet again, writing on them and signing them where it was necessary.

"Such a boring task to do but I best do it before classes actually start today. It's so early" She stated and rubbed her temples and resting the right side of her face on her right hand, almost dozing off. Before she knew it she was dozing off. She thought just getting a little shut eye for 5 minutes would recharge her and she would be able to power through the day. That didn't happen.

The sudden ringing of the school bell caused the brunette woman to open her eyes almost instantly and her eyes shifted towards the clock which was pointing to the time 8:25.She had realised she had been asleep for almost 2 hours. Ms Zoë stumbled up from her desk and fixed her glasses and her hair. "Crap!" She exclaimed and picked up the stack of papers, placing them inside her desk and cleaned up her desk a bit. She wrote down the date on the blackboard with chalk and soon Class 2A began to walk into the classroom, talking loudly as per usual.

"Good morning class!" Ms Zoë said as the class crowded into the classroom. She was met with a chorus of quiet voices saying 'good morning' back to her and tired looking faces. "I know it's early but don't worry we have a science lesson second period. Isn't that great?!"

The only thing Ms Zoë looked forward to throughout the day was her biology lesson where she would talk passionately about the subject that she absolutely loved.

"Ms Zoë" The short blonde-haired girl said, walking up to the teacher.

"Yes, Reiss?" She asked.

"I would like to wish you a happy birthday!" She said. "A bunch of us all got together to make you a cake. Thanks for being such a great teacher ms Zoë"
She thanked and smiled.

"You all are all so nice" Miss Zoë said, laughing as she took the cake from Armin and Mikasa.

She placed the cake in her bag which was situated by her desk and proceeded to give her usual homeroom lecture before sending them all off to their first lesson of the day.

"I would like to thank those who had made me the cake. I assure you, that was not necessary but I am extremely grateful to have you all as my students" Miss Zoë said, smiling. "Also, I'd think you would all like to know that for your science lesson later on today, there will be no homework. I think you all will be happy about that I assume?"

The whole class cheered in response, this statement immediately getting everyone's, including those who weren't listening, attention. 

"Now, you all may talk to each other just try to keep the volume as low down as possible. Unfortunately, I have a lot of work to do today" She said, sitting down at her desk.

As the day progressed and miss Zoë's lesson finally arrived, she was extremely happy to finally get to talk about her most favourite subject even if it was only for 1 hour and afterwards she had to continue with her boring paperwork.

Soon the day was over and she had completely completed everything and she rested back on her chair and sighed in relief. No that it was all over, she could finally relax. The bespectacled brunette stretched one last time before packing up her things, preparing to leave the classroom.

"At least the week is almost over and then I can take it easy for a bit" Miss Zoë said to herself as she continued to pack up her things. "Teaching can be such a pain at times but my students are so nice"

She then left the school, eating bits of the cake that Historia and the others had made for her.