Mikasa's Perfect Sleepover

- By TheCartTitan -

"Good morning, Carla", Mikasa sighed, when she came downstairs that morning.
"Morning, Mikasa", Carla smiled, "what's wrong? You seem a bit down".
"I'm just ashamed that I still haven't managed to get Eren to socialise more", Mikasa explained with a glum look on her face, as she took a seat at the table. All he ever did was spend time in his room.
"Oh, did the outing not help?", Carla asked, sitting next to Mikasa.
Mikasa shook her head, keeping her eyes down.

"Well, I have a great idea!", Carla announced, clapping her hands together, "why not invite all your friends over to stay a night? We have plenty of space with the guest room and Zeke's old room".
Just as she was saying this, Eren arrived downstairs. He simply rolled his eyes at them and took a seat to eat his breakfast.

"That's a great idea!", Mikasa replied, her eyes full of hope, "isn't it Eren?".
Eren ignored them both but Mikasa nudged him and gave him a death stare, after which he gave a half-hearted nod.
"Invite your nice friends, though. I don't like that girl, Yelena. She's bad company", Carla instructed, "like, you should invite Armin and that other cute blonde girl".
"Armin's a boy and Annie is my biggest rival", Mikasa stated, as she poured her cereal.
"It's not good to speak back to your mother!", Carla replied, giving Mikasa a stern look.

That day, there was a buzz during class 2A's homeroom, as Mikasa told everyone about the sleepover.
"I'll make sure to bring enough food! No one shall go hungry!", Sasha declared, drool dripping down her mouth as she thought of all the delicious possibilities.
"There'll be fried chicken, right?", Connie asked.

"Sorry, I can't come. I have a date with Ymir", Historia explained, scratching the back of her neck.
"I certainly can!", Floch told them, excitedly. He could ,finally, spend some more time with Eren.
"You're not invited", Mikasa stated, glaring at Floch.
Floch mumbled something to himself but didn't dare to say anything against Mikasa, since he knew his life was at risk.

"I can't come either", Marco told her, "my parents wanted to go out on that day. You can still go though Jean".
"I-", Jean started before he was interrupted by Eren.
"I bet you weren't going to come anyway since you've probably never spent a night without your mummy, Jean-boy", Eren laughed, mockingly.
"That's not true!", Jean yelled, grabbing Eren's collar.
"Ha, like you can actually fight me, you coward", Eren yelled back, before delivering a punch to Jean's stomach, triggering a fight.

Mikasa looked over at the two.
"Eren is actually being social. That's good. Maybe this sleepover is working", she smiled, and joyfully watched as Marco and Miss Zöe attempted to break up the fight.

When the day of the sleepover finally came, Mikasa had spent hours preparing. She had planned out everything that they were going to do, who was going to sleep where and the movie they would watch in the night. She had encouraged Eren to help out but he would mainly just groan and go into his room.

Connie and Sasha were the first ones to arrive.
"Mikasa! Save me! I think I'm going to starve to death", Sasha cried, falling to the ground and hugging Mikasa's leg, as soon as the door was opened.
"What happened to all the food she said she was going to bring?", Mikasa asked Connie, who was casually standing beside his crying friend.
"She ate it all on the way", Connie explained.

Suddenly Sasha stopped crying and jumped up to her feet. She closed her eyes and sniffed the air.
"I smell something delicious!", She exclaimed before running into the living room, with Mikasa and Connie following her.
"I made cookies!" Carla smiled, upon seeing Sasha enter.
Sasha immediately started to stuff her face with cookies and tears started to flow out her eyes as she did so.
"These are heavenly, Mrs Yeager", Sasha cried out.
"Thank you", Carla laughed as she went off to get the door which had just rang again.