Chapter 5

A few days had passed and things had begun to turn around. Wendy was awake, vowing to remain clean, Dominic hasn't been seen since Opie and Chibs pain him a visit at Lumpy's and Macy was finally totally moved in.

The sound of a bike called Macy's attention from her laundry but she didn't check who it was. It was common, almost comforting, and she assumed it was simply Opie. That was until there was a knock at the door.

Macy answered, finding Jax on the front step. "Oh."

"We gotta talk," Jax snapped, barging into the house.

"What?" She asked, drawing her head back as he glared at her.

"What's this shit?" He growled, whipping a plastic bag with her bloody pen inside out of his cut.

"Fucking Tara," Macy snarled. "Fucking bitch."

"She tried to cover for your ass," Jax told her. "You weren't mugged, were you?"

Macy inhaled and met his angry stare with one equal intensity. "No, I wasn't."

"The boyfriend?"

"Ex," she corrected him.

"Opie know?" Jax asked her accusingly.

Shaking her head, Macy took a giant chance and lied boldly to her brother. "No. I told him the same shit I told you." When she saw in his expression that he hadn't yet spoken to Opie she relaxed a little. "I'm surprised you didn't go to him first."

"I thought you'd both be here."

Macy looked him in the eyes. "I'm sorry I lied, Jax. Ope told me what happened with Wendy and I didn't wanna put my shit on you. This was my fault, my bad judgment, and my irresponsible actions. No reason to have you clean it up."

"You practice that little speech?" He asked her, less anger in his voice now.

"Shut up," she groaned. "I'm trying to be serious."

"I appreciate you looking out for me, kid, but that's not your job."

Macy looked away from him and nodded. "Okay. Next time I almost get strangled to death I'll let you know."

"I'm going after him," Jax warned her. "Just so you know."

"What?"

"I'm not letting this shit slide, Mace."

"Jax," she pleaded, "Listen, I think me stabbing him is punishment enough. I took care of it, like the feminist bitch I am. If he comes back around, you'll be the first I call, okay?"

He didn't like it and the look on his face told her as much but Macy didn't back down and Jax relented because she was his sister and she had a point.

"Anything I gotta worry about here?" He asked as Opie rolled into the driveway.

Macy huffed and shook her head. "I'm not some dumb kid anymore, Jax," she told him. "I grew up and out of it, I promise."

"Cause I'll kick your ass," Jax said, "Then his."

"You just wanna fight someone, don't you?" Macy laughed.

"I got psyched to beat down that prick."

"What prick?" Opie asked, stomping into the house. "Me?"

Jax turned to look at him. "That piece of shit boxer, Dom. Mace, you tell him the damn truth," Jax said expectantly.

"Uh, I lied about being jumped. I got in a fight with Dom and uh, I stabbed him with my own to get away."

Opie tried to look angry but it was more surprised, which also kind of worked. "Why did you lie?"