Chapter 30

*Sorry it's short!*

"JACKSON!"

Macy didn't think twice about screaming her brother's name at full volume the next morning while pounding on his front door.

"Open the door! Let's go!"

The door swung open to reveal an annoyed looking Tara in her pajamas with her hand on her hip.

"What the hell are you doing?" Tara snapped. She looked over Macy's head to see Opie, on his bike smoking a cigarette, watching with annoyance. "You brought her here?"

"Did you know?" Macy asked her sister-in-law with a look of betrayal.

Tara felt her stomach suddenly knotted up. "Know what?"

"Tara?" Jax called our sleepily as he made his way down the hall. "What's going on?"

"Your sister would like to speak to you," she said, giving in a look. "Opie brought her down, this early in the morning, Jax. Must be important."

Jax sighed and nodded. Coming around the door, he was greeted with a powerful jab to the nose. "Good fucking morning," she seethed.

"Mace," Opie grumbled, heading over to intervene. As Jax stumbled back, blood dripping from his nose and staining his crisp white SAMCRO shirt, Opie grabbed Macy. "You can't do that shit."

Shaking him off her, Macy gave Opie a warning look before turning back Jax. "What did you say to Shane?"

"Shane?" Jax asked, feigning shock. "I haven't seen Shane, Macy."

"Bull. Fucking. Shit."

"Jax, I saw him," Opie groaned. "He was there at the house last night.

"And he had lots to say about you," Macy added accusingly. "What did you do?!"

"You're gonna believe him over me, your goddamn brother?"

Macy's jaw dropped. "Really? REALLY?"

"Why is he even here? After that shit he pulled?" Jax asked, hoping to gaslight Macy into perceiving Opie as the enemy.

"Because I've known him as long as I've known you," she snapped. "And frankly, right now, I trust him more than I trust you."

Jax shook his head. "So you're picking the two guys that broke your heart? Left you high and dry?"

"Fuck you," Opie growled. "You must be fucking guilty if you're throwing me under the goddamn bus. What did you do, Jax?"

Jax looked at Opie, then Macy, with palpable fury radiating from him. He was in a corner, he was found out, and he knew the only way to keep this from growing was to be honest, at least partially.

"We should talk inside," Jax forced the words out as if they were an admission of guilt themselves.

Opie and Macy stepped into the house and turned left into the kitchen. No one sat, they stood in a semi circle around the table, arms crossed.

"Shane was in dangerous territory," Jax told her. "He was poking around in shit he shouldn't have and putting all of us at risk."

"Are you kidding me?" Macy scoffed.

"What did he get into?" Opie asked with intense interest.

"Shit from Belfast to Charming," Jax said to Opie.

"Mace," Opie groaned. "It's not good."

"That's not the fucking point," she hollered. "You lied, Jax. You went behind my back and forced my husband to run away, you scared him into fulfilling my worst fucking nightmare and I don't even know if I believe he was even in danger."

"We were," Opie interrupted, "And you were," he added sadly. "Mace, it's a long fucking story."

"I love a good story," she sneered. "Who else knew?"

Jax shook his head, "No one."

"My dad?" She asked fearfully.

"No, I kept this as far from Clay as possible," Jax admitted. "Clay loves you more than anything. If he knew," Jax didn't finish his sentence.

"If he knew you threatened Shane? Destroyed the life I built after Opie broke my heart? That you used the club to get back at Shane for some fucked up reason?"

"You need to watch yourself, Mace," Jax warned.

"Watch myself?" She scoffed. "You're an asshole Jackson. You think you're some kind of fucking martyr? A club savior? My savior?"

"This has nothing to do with you," Jax snapped, his finger in her face. "You're not a member, you're not even a fucking old lady! Step back. If I have to push Shane away for the good of MY club you don't get a goddamn say."

"Jax," Opie said in a low growl, stepping between Macy and her brother.

"Take me home, Ope," Macy said.

"Macy," Jax growled.

"Oh, do I get a say now?"

"Come on," Opie sighed, pressing his hand to Macy's lower back to lead her out.

"Ope, don't get involved with her again," Jax told him. "It's gonna make this messier."

"Yeah," Opie nodded, "Whatever you say, VP."

The door slammed behind them and Macy turned to face Opie. "You know we're getting involved again, right?"

"We already are, Mace," he said quietly.

Macy smiled and nodded then repeated her statement from earlier. "Take me home. I'm in the mood for a spite fuck."

Opie clipped his helmet on her head and kissed her on the lips hoping that Jax would see it. They both got on his bike and before Opie took off down the block, he turned and looked at Macy with a grin. "I'm in the mood for anything, as long as it's with you."