Chapter 37

"Welcome to Toronto!"

Still disoriented from the drug-induced sleep, Macy was barely able to process what Shane had said. He repeated it, with much less exuberance, and Macy smiled just to get him to back off. 

"Toronto?" She sighed. "I don't do well in the cold."

"You'll get used to it," he assured her. "It's got some really great views, Mace."

Nodding, she sat up to see Shane had managed to get her over the border into another country and into a fully furnished apartment while she was drugged.

"How did you do all this?" She asked, slightly terrified by the skill it would have taken.

"I got friends," he beamed. "It's kind of crazy what people will do for you when you both know the darkest shit about each other," he chuckled.

"Yeah," she sighed, "Crazy."

"Look," he plopped down beside her on the bed. "I know we had a rough start since I came back, suga, but this is gonna be good. I already got a job, we got a nice place, we can do this."

Macy looked at him dumbfounded by his casual attitude and, what she assumed had to be, stress-induced delusions. Shane was happy, somehow, and he truly believed they could be a family now.

"A job?" She asked, playing along. "Royal Mounted Police?"

"Other team," he said with a hearty, raspy laugh. "I know you like the outlaws so I guess it's fitting I join the other side."

"And what's the other side?" She prodded.

"I'm the point for guns coming over the border," he told her. "You know, for the Irish," he added.

"The Irish?" Macy couldn't believe they'd help him after what he had done unless the club didn't tell them or they didn't know. "Ho-how did that get set up?"

"You can talk to me," he told her, resting his head on her lap as he laid down on the bed. "You really want to ask why they didn't go running back to SAMCRO, don't you?"

"Uh, yeah, I do," she said.

Shane smiled up at her. "SAMBEL and the Kings have a much different idea of loyalty. I provide a service, one that is much more important than what SAMCRO provides. This is a private arrangement, no bikers allowed."

She nodded slowly. "Oh. I get it."

"I know this is hard," he told her, "But just like when we first started dating you'll shake off the feelings for the club and you'll see that this, here with me and our son, is where you're meant to be."

"It has been nearly three weeks since Macy Walsh and her one-year-old son, Shane Walsh junior, were last seen. Police believe her estranged husband, former Sheriff's Deputy Shane Walsh, murdered family friend Anthony Beach then kidnapped his son and wife but the case remains stalled due to lack of evidence and tips from concerned citizens. If anyone has seen any of these three please contact the San Joaquin Sheriff immediately. Shane Walsh is still considered armed and very dangerous."

Clay didn't turn the TV off, he hurled a chair across the room and sent it crashing to the floor. The police didn't have anything, that wasn't surprising, but the Sons had nothing either. That was hard for them to accept but especially since it was connected to Macy and the baby.

Watching the entire ordeal through a much different lens, Gemma could see how Clay, Opie, and Jax we're dealing, and not dealing, with the kidnapping.

"Just because we had our differences doesn't mean I truly hated her," Gemma said, almost offhandedly, to Opie. "I can see how this is tearing at you three."