Chapter 7

Hangovers were not something Jax suffered from often but when he opened his eyes that morning, still on Opie's couch, he was aching.

"Goddamnit," Jax groaned. "Ope? Mace?" He called out. "You guys up?"

No one replied, so Jax peeled himself off the couch and headed upstairs. He stopped in the bathroom, taking what felt like the longest pee and splashing cold water on his face, before heading out to find someone.

"Macy?" He said quietly. "You up?"

When he knocked on the bedroom door it inched open with a tiny squeak. Jax glanced in, noticing the room was empty but her clothes from the night before were piled on the floor. Jax was too hungover to think too much of it until he called out for Opie.

"Ope?" He said loudly. "Come on, I'm dying out here." When he turned the knob Jax found the door locked and that piqued his suspicions.

The first time Jax called his name Opie woke up confused then when he heard Jax pulling at the door he panicked.

"Uh yeah," he grumbled, "Hold on."

Looking at Macy, still out cold, Opie pushed her to the edge of the bed and, hesitating just a second, pushed her onto the floor.

She gasped and looked up at him, ready to snap, when she saw the look on his face. "Sorry but you gotta hide," He whispered. Opie jumped off the bed and toward the door, wearing just his boxers and quickly opened up. "Hey. Sorry."

Jax peered in the room suspiciously. "My sister's not in her room."

"No?" Opie glanced down the hall. "I dunno. Maybe she's running errands."

"With no car?"

"I dunno, brother, I just woke up," Opie shrugged. "Mind if I get dressed?"

Jax chuckled a little. "Yeah, sorry."

Shutting the door and locking it again, Opie breathed a sigh of relief. Once he heard Jax creaking down the stairs, Opie finally spoke.

"Hey. You okay?"

Macy slid out with an annoyed look on her face. "Was that really necessary?"

"I freaked out," he said defensively. "Sorry." Opie offered her his hand as she climbed to her feet.

"Pussy," she teased. "So he's not leaving?" Macy asked as she peeked out the window. "I was hoping to pick up where we left off."

"I don't think we can," he huffed, checking the time.

"You're an old man," she said, closing the gap between them. "Always so worried about work and Jax and that bullshit." As Macy spoke she slipped her hands into his boxers, "More than I was expecting," she smirked.

"You're the devil," he groaned as she stroked him.

"Ope, come on," she said with a giggle.

"Ope, come on," Jax hollered up the steps.

"Jesus Christ," Opie grumbled, pushing her hand away. "Too fucking weird."

"I hate my brother," she huffed.

Opie leaned in and kissed Macy, beginning to give in to his feelings, but pulled away quickly to get dressed. "You gonna stay up here?"

"I might climb down and come in the back, depends on how long he's gonna stay for," she shrugged.

"Mace, he tried to wake us up, I think he's gonna be here awhile."

"Hope I don't break my neck," she complained.