8

shout out to @lovelyjailee for the new cover. ily ♥

My eyes go wide as I look from Alex to August.

"Well, I don't be knowing if they're with anyone or not, they just throw it back for me." He smirks. Oh shit. This is not going to end well.

"Aye nigga watch yo mouth." August lets go of my hand and he goes closer to Alex.

"Nah. I actually do remember her. I remember a girl talking about August. About how he couldn't support her, he was too broke to pay for her shit." Alex pretends he's thinking. "Jhene?! To this day I'm still fucking her bro!"

August punches Alex straight in the face, causing Alex to step back a little. In a blink of a eye, they are fighting and I try to break it up, but end up getting elbowed in the nose by August, hard. I cover my nose as it bleeds, and Ray quickly comes to my aid.

"Who the fuck did this?" Ray says and he looks back at the fight and he jumps in. All three are fighting and it's so violent and bad, everyone is scared to break it up.

3 minutes into the fight security breaks up the fight and I look at all three of the men in my life. Alex is bruised the worst. The punch to his face caused him to have a black eye. And his bruised throughout his whole body. August nose is bleeding and he has a couple of bruises on his face. Ray's lip is busted. I hold my nose but blood is still running from it. I uncover it and as security is trying to calm August down he is yelling.

"Fuck you lil nigga! If I see you in the streets, you done! I'm good now! I got enough to support me and mines!"

"Ok. Just ask Jhene how my dick taste." Alex says calmly. Then he glances towards me. His eyes go big as he sees my nose.

Ray gets away from security and he comes to me. He takes off his shirt and wipes off my nose. I wince from the pain.

"Come on. We finna go home." Ray wraps his arm around me and we catch a Taxi to the dance studio. We both arrive and he pays. We go to his parked car, and we get inside. I don't feel like talking because I'm still in shock. This was supposed to be the night of my life and this happened.

Before I knew it, we arrived at Ray's condo. We go inside and I sit on the couch, trying not to cry. Ray sits right beside me, holding me not saying anything.

"Ray, thank you for being a best friend to me. Without you, I don't know what I would do. I love you... So much." I say. He looks at me in my eyes.

"I love you more." He says, and my heart melted. What is this? It's like our hearts are beating at the same pace. I grab his face and kiss his forehead. I love Ray, and I'm starting to feel like it's more than a bestfriend.

"Ray.. I don't mean to get corny or anything, but it's like when you hold me like this, and we're alone, I get these hard feelings for you. More than a bestfriend. I feel like this is where I belong."