18

"Are you?" I repeat Jacob's question after 10 minutes of us watching her scroll through her Twitter feed, and her chewing gum, having a attitude.

"Um, excuse me, this is me and Alex's business, not any of yours. So I don't even know why you here, shawty. Bounce." She says pointing at the door. I raise my eyebrow and get up. I'm not about to deal with this lil ass girl. I have better things to do.

Jacob grabs my hand, pulling me back to the couch.

"Let me go, I'm not about to stay where I'm unwanted!" I raise my voice, trying to release from his grip.

"She's not going anywhere." He says, staring at Krysten, pulling me down further and I finally sit back in my seat. Krysten rolls her eyes once again.

"Yes i'm keeping my baby. I don't wanna kill my baby." She says. Jacob just stares at her. I could tell he didn't know what to say, so he just nodded respecting her decision.

"Well, I'm here to support you in all your decisions, I'm going to help, with our child and all, and I hope all goes well." He says, rubbing the back of his neck. Krysten nods at him and look towards me.

"What are you? His assistant or something?" She asks blankly.

"Look here lil girl. I can tell you don't know me, and I can tell you're being disrespectful cause you feel some type of connection towards him because he gave you the best sex of your life or whatever, but I'm not the one. So calm yourself." I say, irritated. I didn't even want a issue with her but she wants one.

"Whatever." She says, getting up, and we both get up also. She leads us to the door.

"Hol' up. I gotta talk to him." She says, and I keep walking to the car and I get in my jeep starting the car. I look over at them and they seem in deep conversation. She's so short, shorter than me, actually. Then they both look towards me. He puts his hands deep in his pockets. I instantly get irritated. What are they even looking towards my way? I grip the steering wheel.

He finally walks towards the car and he gets in.

"Well, that went ok. I feel kind of at peace with myself now because we have a understanding." He says, sighing.

"But me and her don't have a understanding." I say, looking out the window.

"Y'all will. Give it some time." He says. I pull out of the complex and just start to drive. I hate this feeling I get with Jacob. I always forget that he's not my man, so I can't react to certain situations certain ways.

4 days later, I'm at home just washing clothes, and blasting Frank Ocean. I get a text from Jacob asking where I am. I ignore the text. Since we've left Krysten's house he's been asking me to go with him over there everyday. Honestly, I'm tired of it. I went the second time and it didn't end well.

I argued with that little girl once again. I'm trying to act my age but this damn girl is trying my patience.

All of a sudden a familiar voice comes on the radio. I raise my eyebrow & turn up the radio louder. August? I smile big and blast his music.

I'm so proud of him!!! He's on the radio! I start to dance and twerk.

My phone rings. It's August. Damn I haven't spoken to him in a while.

"You hear my song on the-"

"IM SO PROUD OF YOU AUGUST OH MY GOD!!!" I scream into the phone. August giggles.

"DUDE YOU SOUND AMAZING!!!" I scream once again.

"Thank you. I'd like to fly you out here. I wanna see you." He says. I'm so down for that.

"Bet." We both hang up, and I wait on his text for the approval. I swear, I need this trip once again. It seems like Jacob is draining the life outta me.

Maybe I should just leave him alone for good? Or just take a long break from him?