25

"That would be satisfactory for today, Y/N." Shockwave said prompting me to cease my work.

I finished what I was doing and cleaned up the area, which includes stacking some datapads, experiment apparatus and others.

I looked at some of the datapads which Shockwave showed me as some of my old and current work and notes before I fell into amnesia. I picked them up and see so much information I noted down for my studies. "May I take these?"

Shockwave tilted his helm, "Those information? To where?"

"To my room, for training. It is only fair if I play my part on this ship in familiarising these. I know Lord Megatron cannot tolerate my conditions, even when I was previously blind. I will put my effort in getting back on track, it is the least I could do..." I explained.

----

Shockwave felt a tightened feeling in his spark. It just hit him, he's finally experiencing Y/N at her earlier stage. Where her determination drives her to compensate for her previous lack of sight.

Was this how hard she worked, or even harder when she was blind?

Experiencing Y/N's determination after receiving a bad condition just made him learn more about her. It is a slow start at first, but she has been improving constantly. The pace in handing him experiment equipment is quicker, while he found that satisfactory, there is still that slight tinge of worry in his spark that she may be over stretching herself.

"Yes you may Y/N. But it would be logical if you train at a constant pace to prevent overworking yourself. It is not logical to strike yourself now that you recovering progressively," Shockwave advised.

"Thank you," Y/N smiled lightly.

----

I was following Shockwave to the bridge where we were going to give our findings to Lord Megatron.

Shockwave's antennas twitched when he reached the bridge door and heard conversations.

"Master she is useless to the decepticon cause! Y/N is slowing our progress down, now with her new memory loss we'd be scrapheap to the autobots at this point!" Starscream's raspy voice sounded through.

"No! She remains Starscream!" Lord Megatron scolded.

"But master-!" Starscream protested.

I felt lubricants in my optics but I remained silent when Shockwave quickly entered the bridge with me behind him.

"Shockwave! Y/N..." Megatron greeted after what just happened.

"Removing Y/N from the Decepticons is illogical Starscream! We're losing an important asset to our cause!" Shockwave protested sternly. I widened my optics and listened.

"The only thing useful your femme here is constantly taking damage to her helm because she's weak in fighting autobots!" Starscream yelled.

"The numerous times she was damaged was because of you and your recruits Starscream. Abandoning her on missions leaving her handling the autobots herself. And do not forget, if she didn't risk herself YOU would be in her current position. Damaged heavily by a blow from Optimus Prime and Bulkhead consecutively!" Shockwave fought back, he was not going to let this one down.

Starscream just scoffed and hissed curses at his rival second in command.

"Lord Megatron. I must insist you do not remove Y/N from the cause. She would regain her memories from time to time, she's making remarkable progress in re-familiarising herself with the ship and the projects. Even if she never regains her memories, I will see to it that she progressively returns to the expertise you are familiar with. Where she works at lightning speed and she identifies predacon fossils in the blink of her optics!" Shockwave's spark raced as he said all that.

I gulped a little, "Shockwave?" I whispered. He turned to me and kindly gave me his full attention. "Thank you so much for believing in me."

Shockwave felt...flattered, it was bringing him back to the times they were together. He dimmed his optic and his face had a tiny tinge of red. "You have no idea Y/N."

I could only stare blankly not getting what he meant.

"Indeed Shockwave. I never intended to dispose her anyway considering how long she has served me well. She remains Starscream!" Megatron growled and Starscream just scoffed.

----

Shockwave heading back along the hallways.

"Hey Shockers!"

He swore he could have groaned as he heard the all too familiar femme.

Icicle ran up with skipping pedes and as usual pressed herself uncomfortably close to Shockwave's chassis. Her arm resting like a leach.

"I am busy Icicle, what do you require? And cease your prodding," Shockwave said sternly.

"Look, you've been facing inconveniences with your femme. I told you before, she won't work out. You have to crush that femme of yours on a lab experiment to ease yourself~," Icicle said slurring seductively.

Shockwave pushed her away in disgust. "Once again Icicle, I will make myself clear! I will not dispose of Y/N and leave her side for logical reason. She is an important asset to this cause, and she is the most endearing femme I've had the pleasure of being with! Even if she does not remember who I actually am to her, I will not give up on my femme! She has been making significant progress unlike you!"

I was walking through the hallways to the lab when I was greeted by Shockwave conversing with Icicle. I suddenly felt a discomfort in my spark, I clasped my chassis as I realised I'm feeling...jealous? Why am I feeling jealous seeing my master with another femme? Who is he exactly to me?

"Sh-Shockwave?" I hesitantly blurted out.

Shockwave swore his felt his spark lifted, but also had another reaction which he knows where it is coming from. "Y/N!" He turned around and approached me. "Are you alright? I will assist you back to the lab. I insist."

"Th-thank you," My spark fluttered when he placed his cannon arm around my shoulder and his servo holding my wrist and helped me to the lab.

"Are you feeling better? In terms of movement?" Shockwave asked with concern as we walked past Icicle. My spark worried a bit when she looked at me.

"Uh, oh yes. Um...I'm fine," I stuttered.

Shockwave felt his spark as well and noticed my facial expression towards Icicle. "Don't worry about her. You are making a fine progress and recovery." Shockwave automatically said kindly.

I giggled slighty and face turning red, I clasped my fluttering spark hiding my blush.

I keep questioning myself just who is this mech before me? Holding me close like I was the most fragile thing in this world, and filling me with kind words with his soft voice I've heard since I dreamt about him.

Even going as far as to defend me with all his spark, and my spark always reacts when something linking myself and him happens. Just who is he that makes him so willing to make me return to my previous state, even if I were to lose my memories forever?

END