10

"Y/N, hand me the energon syringe," Shockwave requested.

"Sure," I immediately sprung and got it in lightning speed. He nodded in approval and I exhaled, I definitely felt my spark race seeing how I'm not much of a hindrance.

With my sight gained, it took me a while to learn about the ship again, including cybertronian symbols. It's like going back to being young again and beginning from scratch.

Over time, I improved and I began being able to type faster as well. It's weird, the layout of this ship is memorised and so are the keys of the monitors, but I have to take my time to learn them all again by recognising what I see.

Doing experiments have never been more fascinating, I finally get to observe the reactions better and be able to recognise the chemicals better. I switched off my audio sensors now that I can see, but I still kept them for emergencies.

I even had to look back at past events to recognise the autobots.

----

I went for predacon bone hunting with Starscream once again. But this time is a lot better.

Once again, as usual, the second in command called it quits and just walked aimlessly while I worked doubly hard searching for the bones. I used my audio sensors to help me identify better.

"About to give up?" The seeker asked mockingly.

I continued searching, "Nope. Unlike you now that I can see, I'm not giving up easily."

After some foraging, I finally found the fossil. I picked it up, scanned and confirmed it was predacon origin.

"Finally," I sighed in relief. Once again Starscream clapped sarcastically at my achievement.

He was about to snatch it from me but I put it away behind me.

"Hey! Remember I'm the second in command here!" Starscream tried his best.

"I'm not falling to the same trick as last time, and I've been the one finding the bones not you," I retorted and we groundbridged back.

----

For the first time I finally received praise from Megatron when I finally held the fossil in front of him. He was also impressed with my improvement which is a good sign.

"Y/N, you are back so soon?" Shockwave asked as I returned to the lab.

I handed him the bone, "mhmm. Good thing Screamer didn't take my credit this time."

Shockwave gave a nod of approval and I got back to read and study some stuff written on the datapads. It was some information about Predacons, some chemicals and what not. Shockwave continued some of his work.

I studied way harder than I thought now that I gained sight I wasn't noticing it myself. With my processor being a working computer, memorising schematics and all since I was blind, working hard didn't bother me much, or did it?

Suddenly, my studies were interrupted when some more datapads were slammed on my desk. I swore I could have jumped, Shockwave saw it and was suspicious too.

"Starscream?" I asked cocking an optic.

"Isn't it obvious? You need to work on these too, now get to it!" Starscream suddenly ordered which I wasn't convinced with the slight smug tone.

Shockwave walked up to my area as I picked on of the datapads and examined it. I read the first sentence and I realised it was about some military work, which is Starscream's duty not mine. I do the work given by Shockwave mostly and Lord Megatron because I have to.

"This isn't my work, it's yours. Please do not push your work to me Starscream," I said and put the datapad away back to the stack.

Starscream scoffed, "Well I'm the higher ranking officer here and you will follow my commands!"

My energon boiled and I felt lubricants on my optics, but I had to remain calm and stand my ground, "No. I do not wish to do your work for you, and I already have my own studies to complete."

"Argh! What do you not understand about obeying a higher ranking officer?!" Starscream immediately raged and he backhanded me right on my face, his sharp digits scratched my face deeply.

I fell off my desk, hitting the chair and breaking it in the process and I fell onto the ground on my aft, my back and the back of my helm. I didn't have time to react, I was speechless even though I'm in pain. I covered my scratched face with both palms and choked out sobs, lubricants leaking from my optics. I couldn't release my servos from my face.

----

Shockwave's spark just boiled when he witnessed Starscream backhand Y/N and she fell really hard on the ground. The datapads were smashed on the floor.

"Y/N!" Shockwave yelled with agony and concern, in a split second he dropped on his knees on the ground and took Y/N's body in his arms.

His optic widened and dimmed continuously in worry as Y/N still sobs and keeps her face covered, unable to speak anything from her vocals. She choked out sobs and lubricants leaked in her hidden face.

Sooner or later he noticed energon leaking and staining her digits, causing him to rage even more. His helm is only one optic, now he swore his one optic is even bigger staring at her.

"Y/N, this is Shockwave. Uncover your face please. It's me," Shockwave automatically cupped her cheek gently, stroking it with his thumb and his digits.

"N-no!" Y/N choked and shook her helm frantically not wanting to reveal it. His spark enraged even more when Y/N shook her helm in sobs not willing to uncover it. She hung her helm as pain surged through from the impact.

"Just like the weak femme you are," Starscream remarked.

Shockwave pulled Y/N close to him as he vented, he isn't one to show emotions but this time he's really mad. However, he still thinks logically and ensures he does not be rash.

"Starscream, do not attempt to take advantage of my assistant and get your own work done!" Shockwave said in a warning tone.

Starscream was about to talk back when the lab door slammed open.

"Starscream!" The booming voice of Lord Megatron echoed.

"M-master? I...I can explain, I-!"

"By the Primes! Y/N!" Knockout who was with him exclaimed and knelt down to Shockwave. He gasped when he saw Y/N's digits and servo stained with the leaking energon and lubricants.

"You have enraged me for the last time!" Lord Megatron's voice boomed as Starscream continued to cower.

"C'mon darling, to the medbay!" Knockout patted Y/N's helm a little and gestured Shockwave. He carried Y/N close to his chassis which she buries her covered and soaked face into, whilst choking, hiccuping on sobs still speechless.

END