18

"Grr..I'm quitting!" Icicle groaned in frustration after not being able to find any predacon fossil.

"We should head back, there's nothing here," Neutroblade remarked.

I still continued searching. "No, Lord Megatron will have our helms if we don't find the fossil."

"But we're just wasting time on a pointless hunt," Icicle retorted.

I ignored her and still continued rummaging the rocks in this cave for bones.

"You never give up on bone hunting huh?" Neutroblade asked.

"Nope. I know it has to be here somewhere- hey!" I glanced up for a second only to be met by a gunshot at my optics.

"I've had enough. I'm bridging back! Maybe this will change her mind too." Icicle groaned retracting her gun and dragged Neutroblade back who agreed.

My vision became black, my helm received a surge of pain. I was no longer seeing the world around.

----

Shockwave was working in the lab on coding more predacon CNAs.

Suddenly, his antennas twitched and his spark didn't feel right. He held his discomforted spark in his chassis.

Something is not right.

----

My helm still hurt from the surge of pain, but I got accustomed to the blindness in mere seconds.

I switched on my audio sensors. I felt my face damaged but I still carried on. I immediately swapped my servo with my blade and began feeling the ground.

After what seemed like forever, I finally received the message from my audio sensors. "Item aquired...predacon fossil...positive"

----

Lord Megatron turned around when a groundbridge opened. The 2 newcomers got through, which made him question.

"Did you retrieve the predacon bone?" Megatron asked fiercely.

"We couldn't find the fossil my liege. We searched everywhere!" Icicle tried.

Lord Megatron snarled, he looked around, obviously one is missing. The bridge door opened revealing Shockwave and Knockout. Shockwave's optic was glaring in anger as he looked around.

"Soundwave, I need a groundbridge. 4 pede steps from my current position please."

Megatron, Shockwave and Knockout widened their optics at the comm message sent to the bridge directed at Soundwave, especially at the last sentence.

The glowing portal emerged from the bridge and I leaped through with my wielded blade for support while my other servo held the fossil.

I bent down a little from the exhaustion and raised my servo revealing the predacon fossil. I lifted my helm.

Knockout gasped, "Your optics?!"

Shockwave clenched his servos and his optic gave a 'what the frag' blank expression.

"Lord Megatron, after some...trouble...I managed to retrieve the fossil as tasked," I calmly said, resisting the pain my helm is giving me.

I felt Megatron's servo on my shoulder and he assured me. "Even with the treachery...you still performed admirably as usual Y/N. I'm...only sorry you temporarily cannot see the fruits of your efforts!" Megatron sneered over at the 2 newcomers who had shocked expressions that I retrieved the fossil.

"Y/N!" Shockwave ran up to me as I stood up.

"Ow!" I squeaked when his servo examined my helm and face.

Shockwave vented a little, "Lord Megatron. This is unacceptable."

"I am aware of that Shockwave. You and Knockout will have to repair her surgical optics, leaving her blinded temporarily but I know Y/N is more than capable of handling this change," Megatron ordered and I went to the medbay with Knockout and Shockwave.

Megatron turned to the 2 of them, "As for you two. You two haven't had enough of my wrath?!"

"In addition, it is logical that they should continue hunting for bones as their punishment, my liege." Shockwave added before leaving.

END