24

It's been a few solar cycles since I have returned to work. I've been working under Shockwave as his assistant, according to Lord Megatron that has always been my job. As I have no memory of most things, I could not disobey and went along with it.

In fact, we've actually been getting along despite my previous outburst about not remembering him. I couldn't help but feel my spark flutter as he takes me through every step of the way.

"You will have to type in the data as observed in this experiment, into the monitor," Shockwave said.

"Understood," I acknowledged and took my station, filled with my past work according to Shockwave. I realised with my lost memory I am not able to work as efficiently and quickly, I suddenly just stared intently at the keyboard.

I was hesitantly positioning my digits at the keys, my spark is racing, I couldn't bring myself to tell how much my slow work speed would bring to the Decepticon cause.

Shockwave felt a discomfort in his spark, but the intensity wasn't that big. He looked up at me and his antennas twitched slightly. He placed his servo on my shoulder as comfort, causing me to almost flinch. I felt my spark heat up to my face.

"It is logical that you take your time, with your current condition it would only cause more consequences if you rush."

I was surprised by how kind he was. "Okay," I nodded. I positioned my digits on the keys, and began typing at somewhat slow to medium speed.

"This would be an acceptable speed, it is logical if you keep it this way," Shockwave remarked. His constant encouragement forced me to lose my nerves along the way and I feel better.

Time skip

"If you mix those two together it will cause an explosion," Shockwave quickly but kindly stopped what I was doing.

"Oh, I see. Apologies, I will note this down." I acknowledged, and I looked at another datapad. I stared blankly when I saw I've noted it down before, I bit my derma and sighed.

"Tell me honestly Shockwave, is my current condition hindering your progress?" I turned and faced his one optic staring straight into my spark.

Shockwave felt another reaction in his spark, this time it is the feeling of demoralisation. I felt my spark ached at the same feeling.

Shockwave dimmed his optic and shook his helm kindly, "Illogical. Despite your current condition, while it is true that it caused your speed to decrease significantly, it does not hinder our progress."

I clasped my chassis feeling my spark, and turned my optics to face my chassis. I took a deep breath.

Shockwave could only remain silent and endure the reactions in his spark. But he is in content that everything is going well and getting better. Sure he could not bring himself to suddenly say 'I'm your sparkmate', but it is best if he continues to create new memories.

----

"Well done, Y/N!" Dreadwing exclaimed after taking a fall.

"Thank you, Dreadwing right?" I asked.

He nodded his helm. "It was just like the first time we sparred long ago."

"Long ago? Oh," I replied blankly.

"It is fine Y/N. I have faith that you will remember with time," Dreadwing said and I nodded, smiling a little.

I checked the time and I realised I need to get a medical check, especially with my recovery.

"Ah hello gorgeous, how are you this fine day?"

I was greeted by the red medic Knockout. "I have a designation doctor, it is Y/N."

I suddenly felt this moment too familiar, did I converse with the red medic like this before?

"Well your finish is just as lustrous, and I will address you anyway I like, doll." Knockout remarked.

I rolled my optics. He did a check on me and just a snap we began talking non stop. My nerves subsided and I realised how comfortable I am with Knockout in a short span of time. Was I always this open to the medic?

Sooner or later he finished his check and said my condition is still present. But it will take time to regain my memories. I stood up and headed for the door.

I turned around, "Knockout. Do you mind if I visit later to continue talking I guess?"

Knockout just cocked his optic, "you're asking the same thing during the first time I met you long ago. You always welcome, gorgeous."

I widened my mouth slightly and blankly. "Oh...I see. Alright, I'll come by later."

Knockout could only sigh, this is going to take some time.

END