Glasses

Okay idk what this is but lets roll with it.

------------------

She wasn't quite sure if she liked them or not. They made him look even nerdier than he actually was. Sitting here together at his desk, his head leaned over another math problem they had yet to solve. 

He was better at math than she was, she had to admit that. Even though he wasn't much better, he still tried to explain most things that she didn't understand to her. 

He also was her best friend since kindergarten. The other kids used to pick on him and destroy the stuff he built, but one day she stepped in and the two of them were inseparable since. 

Now both 17, Astrid looked up as Hiccup pushed his new glasses back up on his nose, groaning in frustration.

"Ugh, these stupid glasses..." he grumbled, clearly annoyed.

He had those glasses since about two days now, and he was almost constantly complaining about them. Astrid chuckled. 

Hiccup shot her a glare, "quit laughing." 

That only made her laugh out harder, making Hiccup roll his eyes. The fact that he looked amazingly cute wearing his glasses, didn't make the whole situation better. She had a crush on her best friend, she also had to admit that. 

It was hard not to fall for someone you knew so well, especially when they're literally the kindest, most considerate and cutest person you have ever met. She didn't admit it to Hiccup yet, but she might do just that soon. 

She watched as Hiccup leaned back over his notebook, his glasses sliding back down. He groaned again, grabbed them and put them onto the table, "I hate being half blind, I hate these stupid glasses" He said, voice muffled since he was hiding his face in this hands. 

The blonde laughed out loud, grabbed the glasses in one hand and used her other free hand to peel Hiccup's hands off his face, briefly looking at the veins running through his skin, some of them lightly poking out, shining blue in the light of the room. She held one of his hands in hers while his other dropped down to his lap, then she slowly put the glasses back on his head, leaning forward to peck a kiss to his cheek. 

When she pulled back the two of them smiled at each other, his thumb slowly caressing the back of her hand. He sighed, "I look ridiculous... Like a big nerd."

Astrid only slightly chuckled and took his other hand in hers, "I liked them." 

And for the first time Hiccup had the glasses, he actually felt okay with wearing them.

A year later

She was confused. Normally when he picks her up in his car, he'd be wearing his glasses, because he had to. If he got caught by the police driving without them he'd loose his license. 

Astrid got in the car and accepted the good morning kiss her boyfriend gave her. Yep, boyfriend. Astrid and Hiccup admitted their feelings for each other about eight months ago, and they've been openly dating ever since. 

They pulled away and smiled at each other, Hiccup's eyes shining with affection and love for her. "Hey," he said in a low voice, leaning back in to kiss her again. 

His girlfriend chuckled and smiled into the kiss, then pulled back, "where are your glasses?" 

Hiccup pulled back completely, "ah, so your boyfriend doesn't even get a good morning now, does he? Glasses seem to be more important."