Pure Awkwardness

CAN I JUST SAY THIS SERIOUSLY HAPPENED TO ME TODAY AND I COULDN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT THE AWKWARDNESS AND LMAO

It's modern, so no spoilers in this one xD Hope you enjoy

--------------------

Hiccup had no idea why he even came to school that day. It was pointless.

90 minutes of english class, half of that was listening to his classmates' presentations about topics like global warming, eating disorders and what not. Tuesday was usually his favorite day of his usually boring week, given the fact that he enjoyed most subjects that day. 

Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday were just plain and boring and always the same.

So there he was, sitting on his chair, his arms on the table in front of him and his head in his hands as he listened to Fishlegs' presentation about bullying. Sitting next to him were Heather on the left side, and Astrid to his right. Heather was his friend since the start of high school and Astrid was his best friend since kindergarten and also his girlfriend for now almost 3 years. 

Hiccup sighed and ran his hand through the auburn mess that was his hair, then scratched his neck. 

Fishlegs at the front then asked the class a question, which Tuffnut - surprisingly - answered. Then the husky boy continued his presentation and talked, talked and talked. After ten more minutes he was done and the class was asked to ask Fishlegs some questions. 

While someone asked something, the teacher, a young woman with brown hair and hazel eyes, who was sitting behind Hiccup, Astrid and Heather to have a good view of the class while the students held their presentations, asked Hiccup something. "Oh wow, Hiccup, what did you do there?" She gestured to Hiccup's neck with her pen.

Astrid gave Hiccup a look and Heather tried not to burst out laughing as Hiccup struggled to find an answer that could explain the two red spots on either side of his neck, "I uh...." 

Heather, who was currently trying not to laugh out loud came to his 'rescue', "he fell." 

The raven haired girl watched with amusement how Hiccup and Astrid both blushed deeply and averted their eyes, trying to look away. After a few seconds, the teacher realized what was going on, "oh... OH... I'm sorry, I didn't want to intrude your privacy or something," a short pause, "but as long as you two had fun." 

Hiccup turned away and let is head fall on the table with a loud bang, unable to believe what just happened. He didn't think his teacher out of all people would be the first person to mention the love bites Astrid gave him on Saturday, but here he was, wishing for a way to escape the awkwardness.

If only the ground could swallow him whole. 

Astrid wasn't doing much better, she too, was blushing fiercely and hid her face in her hands. She had managed to cover the love bite Hiccup gave her up with some concealer, but only because Hiccup hadn't bitten her that hard. 

Astrid on the other side, had bitten Hiccup very hard and well, Hiccup wasn't really one to use concealer or any kind of makeup to cover it up. 

So here they were, and the awkwardness continued as Heather spread the news to their other friends on Whatsapp.

How great...

---------------------------

It kinda happened like this (just that the guy's girlfriend wasn't there) and I was Heather in that situation. I was fighting tears. Literal tears xD