Northern Lights

YUP IN A LEAP OF INSPIRATION I ACTUALLY FINISHED THIS! :D

So this takes place a few years after HTTYD 2. Meaning our boi Hiccup is chief, him and Astrid are married and have a daughter that is about 6 years old. Hiccup is 29 and Astrid about 28 in case you're wondering idk.

ALSO PLEASE MIND that I started writing this long before we had so much information about the third movie, so all of this won't line up with the third movie's story line at all!

--------------------------------

"Dad, wake up!" Hiccup woke to the sound of his daughter bouncing up and down on his and his wife's bed. The chief groaned as the girl kept jumping, trying to wake her father up. Hiccup's daughter, Luna, a 6 year old girl with blue eyes, which looked just like her mother's, and brown-blonde hair was staring at him with wide eyes.

Hiccup's been chief for 9 years now, he's been handling his responsibilities well, but it wouldn't be that way without his wife supporting him in everything he's done so far. Astrid has always been by his side during those past nine years and Hiccup couldn't be happier at the moment. It really was the most fulfilling feeling to see his daughter grow older every day.

Back to the present, Luna was still bouncing up on the bed and Hiccup slowly sat up.
"Why are you up?" He asked, while rubbing his tired eyes.

Hiccup yawned and stretched, his spine popping, which made his daughter laugh a little.
"Dad, get up! We're missing it!" She exclaimed, she then grabbed his hand and tried to drag him out of the bed.

Hiccup remained in bed though, a puzzled expression on his face, "miss what?" He asked confused, watching his daughter roll her eyes, he raised a brow.

"The northern lights, of course," she said loudly. Hiccup put a finger to his lips and shushed her, gesturing to Astrid who was still peacefully sleeping next to him. The girl ducked down and nodded, then continued whispering, "get up, dad!" The girl tried to drag him out of bed, but Hiccup resisted.

He couldn't just step out of bed now, he wasn't really wearing anything at the moment because he and his wife had some adult time together before going to sleep (THE CRINGE). They rarely got to do it the past few months, both busy with handling their responsibilities and being parents. It was nice though, being close to Astrid in another way again after so long.

Anyway, Hiccup shooed his daughter out of the room while he gathered his clothes from the ground. A few minutes later he was fully dressed and was just about to follow Luna outside, when someone grabbed his hand. He looked down to see Astrid awake, "where are you going?" She mumbled, rubbing her sleepy eyes.

Hiccup chuckled and kneeled down next to the bed, stroking his wife's hair lovingly. He tugged a strand of hair behind her ear, "your daughter wants to watch the northern lights with her old man, sorry if I woke you up" he said, smiling.

Astrid laughed and took his hand, pressing her soft lips to his knuckles, "I wouldn't really call you and old man just yet, babe..." she said, and leaned up to whisper in his ear, "...at least not after your incredible performance a few hours ago," she whispered, pulling back to smirk at him.