Scars

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE, NOW!" A loud voice boomed through the house, after that a loud slap was heard followed by a muffled groan.
It was one of those days where Hiccup's dad was drunk. And when he was, you better don't make any mistakes. Hiccup, unfortunately, did and got himself a heavy beating for it.

He was currently laying on the ground, curled up and trying to protect his body from the heavy kicks his dad was giving him. He groaned as the foot of the man flew in between his legs, which hurt really, really bad. Hiccup's cover fell and the man kept kicking the crap out of him.

"GET UP AND LEAVE THE HOUSE YOU USELESS BASTARD!" He yelled at him and dragged him up by his hair. Hiccup winced as he was dragged out of the house and left in another cold, berkien night. He shivered and limped down the road, fiddling his wallet out if his pockets. He opened it and sighed in relief once he saw about 100€ in it. It was everything he had though, his father died in a plane crash and his mother died shortly after he was born, leaving him as an orphan. A man named Benny Wolf adopted him when he turned fourteen and since that day, Hiccups life worsened. He has several scars all over his body, probably a few broken ribs and his head was bleeding a little bit since his dad hit it with an empty bottle.

Hiccup sighed as he continued limping down the road to the gas station, which was about 600 meters from his house away. As he arrived there, the guy behind the counter looked at him and gave a small nod, greeting the auburn haired boy. Hiccup limped over to the rack with alcohol and got himself a bottle of vodka, some orange juice and two bottles of water. He sighed again and limped over to the snacks where he got some chocolate bars and one of those sandwiches. The man at the counter watched him as Hiccup placed the things he wanted to buy down in front of him.

The man sighed, "do you have an ID, boy? I don't sell alcohol to under aged kids." He said and Hiccup got out his ID and handed it to the man. The man nodded and gave it back to him, "shouldn't you be home?" He asked as he started to scann the things Hiccup wanted to buy. The young boy in front of him just shook his head no, "well okay then, that would be 60€ please," the man said and Hiccup gave him the money and took his drinks and snacks, then left the shop.

He had no idea where to go so he just limped to the park, hoping that there won't be any homeless people who wanted to steal his stuff. That already happened to him once and since that day, he didn't have a mobile phone anymore. It was Hiccups lucky day since the park was empty. Hiccup dropped his stuff on one of the benches and slumped down on it shortly after. He opened the bottle of vodka he bought and took a huge sip. The liquid burned down his throat and Hiccup coughed. He wasn't used to drinking but he felt like he needed something strong to clear his head, so he took a few more sips, then he closed the bottle and put it back into the bag he bought in the gas station shop. Since it was winter, the temperatures were not warm at all and it was freezing outside, Hiccup began to shake. He had no place to go and no one would take him in anyway. So he laid down on the bench and looked up to the clear night sky, watching bis breath coming out of his mouth in tiny clouds.
Luckily it was a Friday so he didn't have to go to school the next day.

Astrid was walking her dog Stormfly since she was too busy to walk her today, she walked her now, at 11pm. Astrid was freezing a little bit as she walked through the park and then, she saw him. A young man, probably her age, laying on one of the benches, shaking. Astrid slowly approached him and stopped about seven meters away from the young man. Since her father was a police officer, she's been raised to help the people who where in need of it, and this young man definitely needed help. Astrid took a deep breath before saying, "hey, are you okay?"

Hiccup's head snapped up and he turned his head to look at the person who just asked if he was okay, the voice seemed pretty familiar to him. "I am absolutely fine," he replied and laid his head back down.