He'll Be Back

!!!!HTTYD3 SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!
dont read if you dont want them! THANK YOU!

So I have to tell you something about this one shot first,,, as some might know (those who follow me on Instagram) I've been to the Annecy Festival a month ago, where they showed us exclusive HTTYD3 footage. One of the clips they showed us was how Hiccup built Toothless his new tailfin (the one from Gift of the night fury) so he can chase after the Light Fury alone. After Toothless leaves to go looking for the Light Fury, Hiccup stares after him, and it seems like he doesn't know what to do without him. 
The clip ended after that but what if Hiccup was in his tent at night, suddenly feeling lots of self-doubt? 

I dont know how this will turn out, but let's try anyway!
Again; English isn't my native language, don't kill me if there are any mistakes (:

--------------------

What was he supposed to do now? Toothless left without a second glance back... 
Sure, he's got to chase after his mate, who knows, maybe she's the only one of her kind left? 
But that doesn't change the fact that Hiccup doesn't know what to do without his best friend constantly by his side.. 

Hiccup and Toothless have spent six years together, they're an inseparable team, they're both Alphas, they share a special bond only they can really understand. And yet, Toothless has to chase after the Light Fury, it may be the only chance to keep the Night Furies from extinction. 

When Toothless flew off, Hiccup just stared after him, not really knowing what to do now, he's been lost in thought for the rest of the day, working on his chiefly duties almost on autopilot. Replying to requests and questions of the villagers without really thinking about it. 

It worried Astrid, especially when he just vanished in his tent, without having dinner, or saying a single word to her or his mother. Hiccup hasn't been this quiet since his father had died a year ago. 

Hiccup tried to sleep, he really tried, but he just couldn't stop thinking about.. well, everything. What if Toothless won't come back? What if he suddenly won't want to be at Hiccup's side anymore? What is he without his loyal friend at his side? Will he still be able to handle all his duties? How is he gonna lead a whole village full of dragons without his own dragon?    

Those were the questions that had him tossing and turning in his bed the whole night, until he decided to get up, to walk around the campsite of the Berkians, to maybe also check if everything is okay, but mostly to get his mind off all those questions in his head. 

Astrid once told him that he thinks too much, and he had to admit, she was right. He really thought too much about things that didn't need much thinking.

On the other side, sometimes it helps a lot to think things through carefully.

Hiccup walked around the campsite, hearing snores coming out of the tents, he smiled to himself. It cheered him a little bit up, knowing that his people felt save enough to just fall asleep on their journey to the unknown. The Hidden World is supposed to be a myth, a legend sailors used to tell. No one's every seen it, yet, Hiccup still strongly believes it isn't a myth, that he can protect his people by going there. 

Maybe it was the wrong decision thought, especially with Toothless gone. How is he gonna travel without his loyal dragon? How is he gonna control all the dragons without the Alpha at his side?

There he went, overthinking everything again. 

Hiccup continued walking, until he arrived at the small beach where his hopeless Dragon tried to impress his mate. It was funny to watch Toothless try to impress the Light Fury, Hiccup's never seen Toothless act like that before. Hiccup felt a sting in his heart, what when it was the last time he'll see Toothless act like that, all silly and funny? How is he gonna live without his best friend?

Hiccup sat down in the soft, white sand, trying to gather his thoughts. The water in the lake in front of him reflected the moonlight beautifully, it was the perfect night for a flight in the moonlight. Just a few hours without flying, Hiccup craved to be up in the sky again. 
Flying with Toothless was the only freedom he had since he became chief, and now even that freedom is gone. How was that fair? 

Hiccup sighed and dragged his knees up to his chest, he then put his arms on top of them and leaned his head on this arms. He watched the lake, enjoying the peace and quiet, losing himself in his own thoughts again.

The young chief was so lost in thoughts that he didn't notice the blonde woman joining him in the sand, at least not until she gently leaned her head on his shoulder. Hiccup turned his head a little bit to look at the person that just leaned their head on his shoulder (even though he already knew who it was), his lips lifted in a small smile as he saw her. 

She then looked up at him and spoke in a low voice, "are you okay, babe?" 

Hiccup turne his head back to look at the water, humming his response.

"Why aren't you asleep then?" 

That caused Hiccup to look back at his girlfriend. He then gave a one shouldered shrug, not moving the shoulder Astrid was leaning her head on. 

"Too much on your mind again?" 

Those words made Hiccup's lips lift in a small smile again, she just knew him too well. She always knew when something was on his mind, when he thought about his father, when he felt guilty about something. He didn't know how he did it, but she just somehow always knew that was going on inside his head. 

It was amazing.

He nodded his reply.

"Wanna talk about it?" 

"Not really," was all he responded, as he returned to look at the glistering lake in front of him. He could already feel Astrid roll her eyes at his reply, so he quickly decided to tell her. 
"Well, I don't know, m-maybe overthinking everything again, but what if Toothless doesn't come back? I-I don't know what I would do without him..." 

He wanted to say more, to explain to her why he felt that way, but it seemed like he didn't need to, since Astrid already understood what was on his mind. She hummed and placed her hand on his, "you know Toothless would never just abandon you like that, babe," she then put her other hand on his cheek and turned his head so he would look at her, "he's Toothless, you and him have fought through anything together, you're best friends, he won't leave that all behind because of a mate." 

Hiccup looked down, "what if he will? Astrid, I'm nothing without him."

Astrid felt like crying, hearing his voice thick with sadness, worry - and probably also a lack of sleep. She then leaned up and gently brushed her lips against his, leaning her forehead against his afterwards, "Hiccup, you're not nothing without him, believe me. You're strong, kind, amazing and I could never find enough adjectives to describe you. So just be patient, give him some time, I'll always be by your side, you know that," she whispered, trying her best to reassure him.

She then looked up into sad emerald eyes, "he'll be back." 

--------------------

wtf? BYE see you next year when I have an idea again HAHAHAHA

Jk idk maybe I'll write more stuff now who knows

GiVe mE sOmE fEeDbAcK if you wanna