Graduation

It was a sunny day on Berk, there was a huge crowd of people in the Gym of the Berk High, today was graduation day, and the families of the students were all in the gym, waiting for the ceremony to start. 

Stoick Haddock was sitting in one of the front rows, much to the annoyance of the people who were seated behind him, since the man was huge and looking past him was a real challenge, smiling and fidgeting his leg in excitement. 

Today was the day where his only son, Hiccup Haddock was graduating, and he couldn't be more proud of him. Hiccup started school with some problems, he was bullied by some students and had a hard time  finding friends, his grades weren't that good either and it gave Stoick a real challenge to help him finding his way. 

But they managed it, as a team. Well, Stoick had a little bit of help, to be honest. Hiccup had met a girl when they had been partnered up for a group project, and it didn't take much time, until he fell in love with the said girl. The girl didn't like the auburn haired boy at first, but the more the two of them worked together, the better friends they became. 

And now, the two of them actually are a couple. Yep, you heard that right the at first scrawny, small boy asked the girl out when he turned sixteen. She said yes and they were a happy couple ever since. His girlfriend was none other than Astrid Hofferson, the cheerleader captain and one of the most popular girls in school.

Astrid helped Hiccup getting better grades, she even made him join the football team, where he quickly became the best player. And now, he was the captain of the football team and she was the captain of the cheerleader team. A match made in Valhalla! That's what the other students were saying too, they didn't know about Hiccup and Astrid's relationship, since the young couple didn't want it to be official. 

Well, Hiccup and Astrid were the best students of this year and the principal himself told the young man to have a final speech at the and of the ceremony. Stoick knew, that his son was nervous since he didn't really like to speak in front of a big audience, but he and Astrid helped Hiccup and now the boy felt ready to say his speech.

The Hoffersons sat down next to Stoick, smiling at him. "Big day, huh?" Asked Sven Hofferson, Astrid's father, a large man - not as large as Stoick though - with blonde hair and blue eyes. 

Stoick nodded absently, "true that," he replied and Ingrid, Astrid's mother smiled at him. 

"I can't believe that they're a couple for more than two years now," she said happily and Sven nodded in agreement, "your son really lightened up her life," she told him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

Stoick turned to her and smiled, "your daughter did the same for him," he told her and then, the principal walked onto the stage, smiling at the family members of the students.

Mr. Svenson smiled widely at the audience and began his speech, starting by thanking some people for engaging everything and so on. Then he said some thank you's to the other teachers, after that he listed some things that the students of this year archived. Hiccup and Astrid were named and mentioned several times, filling their parents' hearts with pride and happiness. 

Speaking of Hiccup and Astrid, the two of them were seated with the other students. They were sitting next to each other, since their family names both started with an H. If their relationship was official, they would be holding hands right now, but since it wasn't they were just sitting there smiling at each other from time to time. 

Hiccup was wearing a black tux, while Astrid was wearing a blue dress, which was almost the same color as her eyes. 

"And now, the best part, the degrees," said Mr Svenson finally and then, he started reading out names, shaking hands and handing degrees. After a few minutes, "and now, Hiccup Haddock, one of the best students this year," the principal announced happily and Hiccup rose, then walked up to the stage. He and the principal shook hands, and then he got his degree.