Chapter 26) safe

Amelia sat with her elbow on the table, head in hand. The room was filled with silence. Her steady breathing and the flicking of book pages pierced through the silent veil.

She came to the end of another book before closing the hardback and sighing. Amelia placed the useless book on a pile to her left. The pile of read, unneeded books had reached a stage where they were almost toppling over, the leaning tower of books.

Another frustrated sigh followed shortly afterwords.

Research had lead her nowhere. No closer to Kamron or the silver trade. For hours she'd searched through books of past trades and their routes through outer space. It was no use.

The Doctor walked swiftly and quietly through the large library, scanning the every isle for Amelia. Finally, he found her sat on a table. The pile of books to her left almost toppling over.

"Any luck?" He called.

Amelia jumped, knocking the leaning tower of books over when her knee hit the table. "Ouch!" she moaned and glanced to the floor where the books has fallen. "Aw come on! I just.. I only just... Seriously...Ugh" she fussed not particularly wanting to get off her seat and pick them up.

The Doctor stepped forward and helped her pick them up. "Sorry...sorry " he apologised, he didn't intend on frightening her.

"It's fine. I shouldn't have tried to re-creat the leaning tower of pizza out of books" she smiled as she placed the last fallen book back in the table. This time in two near piles to prevent further accidents if anyone decided to creep up on her. The Doctor sat on the chair opposite her.

"To answer your earlier question. No. I've had no such luck" she sighed.

"Anyway, how are you feeling?"

"Good,yeah. Still can't exactly remember what happened on the ship but other than that, everything is restored" he smiled, tapping his temples with his fingers.

Amelia picked up another unread book to flick through while the Doctor tapped the table with his fingers as if he was playing the drums.

Suddenly, he stopped, stood up and snatched the books out of Amelia's hand. "HEY!" She exclaimed.

"You won't be needing that anymore" he stated as he through the book over his shoulder. He stood awkwardly with Amelia staring at him, eyebrows furrowed at his sudden outburst of crazy, as the book pelted through the air and crash landed in to something making a loud 'THUD' which echoed throughout the library. "Meant to do that" he said after several seconds putting his finger in the air.

"I don't follow" Amelia sated still staring at the book sprawled on the floor behind the doctor, a handful of pages now bent and creased.

"Not following what?" The Doctor asked confused.

"Why don't I need the book anymore. Doctor, we need to find the silver trade somehow. We Need to find Kamron. He put so much at risk to help us and now it's our turn to help him"

"Oh that!" The doctor clapped his hands before patting down his pockets in a search for something. "I got this 5 minuets ago" He pulled out his psychic paper and dropped it on the table. It landed open, visible for Amelia to read the writing that covered it.

Dearest Amelia,

Thank you for your help and apologies for the scarcity of a goodbye. We made it! Everybody is safe due to your help. I found them, the shadow proclamation, they helped us and locked away the participants of the trade. Hope to see you again another time, Kamron

"I'm guessing it's good?" Asked the Doctor.

Amelia half smiled "it's better than good"

oooOOO000

Amelia jiggled the door handle in a panicked rush.

"Come on. Come on. Come on." She muttered to herself, still trying to open the door. She used her shoulder this time and barged into the door but it still didn't open. "It's locked from the inside" she hissed as she gave it a frustrated kick. "Hand me your sonic screwdriver" Amelia held her hand out waiting for the cool metal stick to be placed in her palm.

"Why would I give you my sonic screwdriver?" The Doctor asked, back firm against the door beside Amelia, keeping a sharp eye out for them coming around the corner.

"Oh I don't know" Amelia said sarcastically "TO OPEN THE DOOR, DIPSTICK!" She yelled out of frustration, jiggling the handle again to prove her point.

"Well the sonics not going to open it!"

"What?!" Amelia demanded

The Doctor looked at her innocently "it doesn't do wood"

"When was you going to tell me this vital piece of information?"

"I thought you knew" the Doctor looked at her confused.

"No I didn't" Amelia said in a horrified high pitched voice. "You never told me!"

"You never asked" the Doctor fired back, sounding like a stroppy 7 year old. Loud footstep could be heard approaching the corner. "they're coming! Can't you kick the door down"

"What, in a 18th century dress?!" Amelia indicated to her dress "why don't you find something in the TARDIS wardrobe Amelia, it'll be good fun Amelia. Good fun my butt! " she said in attempt to mimic the Doctor. "Why can't you knock the door down?"

The Doctor lifted the pig in his arms back into Amelia's view. "I'm slightly busy holding Graham here"

"Graham? You named a pig graham?"

The Doctor covered the pigs ears "don't listen to her graham. It's very insulting to call creatures pigs, Amelia" the Doctor scolded her.

"Well what do you expect me to call it?! It is a pig!"

"It's more suitable to call him by his name. Be formal" the Docctor declared

The angry stomps were getting closer now.

"Hurry they're coming" said the Doctor

"Oh I'm sorry I can't open the door because I'm in a heavy dress, the sonic dosent do wood and you TRADED ME FOR A PIG!" She yelled still angry at what the doctor did

"Hey! It's not my fault."

"It kind of is!"

"Somebody asked a question and I said yes. I zoned out. I was skipping to my bit!"

"Oh that makes it okay then."

"It does?" The doctor asked, surprised

"NO!" Amelia screeched "you still traded my hand in marriage for a pig"

"Look, I'm so-"

"Guards arrest the man who stole my pig" The Lord of Manor bellowed, interrupting the Doctors apology.

"Is he talking about you or Graham?" The Doctor asked Amelia jokingly but stopped smiling after He noticed her giving him an evil glare. God, if looks could kill. The lords guards came towards the Doctor and held his arms to stop him escaping. Another came forward and snatched the pig out of the Doctors arms. "Hey! Be carful with him" The Doctor warned.

"My lord, this is just a misunderstanding." Amelia spoke up looking sincere.

"Do not fret, my love"

Amelia's eyes widened 'this can't be good'

"This thief will be locked away until I find use of him. In the mean time we have a wedding to arrange" The Lord of the manor hook his arm around Amelia's and lead her towards the dining room.

------------------------------------------

It's kind of short I know. I just thought it would be quite humorous to do something like this and therefore the history and background of this particular adventure is not very accurate so sorry