Chapter 21) Missing memories

"This is just awful." Amelia stated as she held the bars of a cell, looking upon a small figure who was cowering in the corner. "How many floors are like this?" She turned towards Kamron who stood behind her.

"5. Possibly more." He replied, a hint of sadness in his voice. "Come on, we need to get a move on. We might be too late otherwise." Kamron grabbed Amelia's hand before leading her away from the rotting cell and continuing to lead her through the corridor, scanning every cell they passed. There were thousands in just one corridor.

This was the second floor they look through. Both were the same. Every wall was lined with cells, years old and slowly rotting away. Most were filled with people or other creatures, many curled up in a corner, crying and shaking with fear while other's shook the cell doors begging for help and to know where they were and who they were. It pained Amelia to see so many people like this, lost and confused, captured and helpless, their freedom ripped away from them along with their memories. But, as mean as it sounded, she had to stop thinking of them, they had to find her father before it was too late. It was a possibility, Kamron told her, that they had not yet taken his memories for themselves but time was running out.

They were coming to the end of the corridor. Amelia scanned the last cell they came too.

"Kamron!" She called, with a gigantic smile across her face. Kamron plodded over from the opposite cell he was looking in.

"What?" He asked.

"I've found him."

Kamron looked inside the cell to see a man crouched in the far corner, shaking, with his hands covering his face.

"Doctor?" Amelia called, gently. She shook the cell door, making the man look up and it was indeed the Doctor but the vacant look in his eyes told Amelia that they too late.

"W-who are you?" He stuttered, slowly standing up by sliding himself up the wall.

"It's me, dad. Amelia, your daughter." Amelia said hopefully, thinking that maybe she could jog his memories.

"Sorry, who?" He asked. Amelia look at the state he was in and frowned. He tweed jacket had vanished, which meant no sonic screwdriver, his 'cool' bow tie was untied and hung loosely around his neck while his shirt was messy and untucked.

"We're too late." Amelia muttered, mostly too herself. Tears brimmed in her eyes. What were they supposed to do now.

Kamron placed a hand on his new friends arm in attempt to comfort her. An idea popped into Amelia's head.

"You said that the memories are kept in jars." Amelia looked at Kamron. "I don't know How but maybe we can get them back and somehow, possibly we can reverse the process and get the memories back into his thick noggin'"

Kamron smiled "that could actually work."

Amelia looked at the lock on the door. "You havn't by any chance got a key?."

"No, but i know where to get one. Just wait here. I'll be five minuets." Kamron said, before running out the door.

"Okay" Amelia muttered to herself. The Doctor had moved from the far corner of the cell and was now leaning on the bars at the front, facing Amelia.

"So, who exactly are you? I don't have a daughter, I'm pretty sure of that." He asked, extremely confused.

Amelia sighed and sat down crossed legged. "Oh, believe me you do." tears welled in her eyes. What was she going to do?

Noticing the tears, the man with no memories was unsure of what to do next so he just copied Amelia and sat on the floor crossed legged making the only thing in between them the old, rusty bars.