Chapter 23) what did you just say?

"You remembered!" Amelia gasped.

"Remembered what?" asked the Doctor, scared and nervous. What was she talking about?

"That's something the Doctor would say..."

"Say what?" He interrupted.

"Oi! Don't diss the sonic." Amelia said in a deep voice while waving her arms around in a fail attempt to mimic the Doctor. "That's something he would say when I insult his screwdriver."

"I didn't say that."

"Oh." Was all she muttered in a reply. Was she hearing things? Kamron looked from adult to child. He was confused too but was getting distracted by the throbbing head ache that pounded against his skull. It was as if a thousand memories and people's minds were screaming and banging in Order to get out of his mind. Maybe that was it. Maybe it was true, after all whatever they did to him when he was their lab rat affected his appearance and maybe it affected his mind too. Like when he first met Amelia. Something came over him (which had happened before) and he pushed her away when she tried to help. He didn't mean it, of course he didn't. It just happened.

He rubbed his head in an attempt to ease the pain. Amelia began to pace. What was she going to do? What could she do? She was stuck and had no help apart from a mindless Doctor and Kamron who both couldn't do much in this situation, just like her. She sighed. "Okay. Okay. Has anyone got an idea?"

Both men shook their heads in response. "Great, that's just fantastic." She muttered sarcastically.

"Do we  even need to do anything?" Asked the Doctor, dumbfounded.

"What do you mean?" Amelia gave a small laugh at his stupid response.

"Well, can't we just find away out of here and carry on with our lives...or even start new ones?" He muttered the last part.

"It's not that simple and anyway, we need to figure out how to get you're memories back and i'm guessing the easiest way of doing this is by doing it on this ship were all the equipment is already here." Amelia explained.

"What if I don't want my memories back?" He questioned.

"What did you say?" Amelia asked. Maybe she was losing her hearing. " Why would you say something like that?"

"I don't want to be him. Look at the situation. I don't want to be trapped like this all the time, with awful creatures and people getting hurt or tortured. I just don't want to have that life. I'm sorry."

"It's not always like this." Amelia argued. She had to persuade him. She needed him, more than she realize. "Please!" She pleaded.  "what about me. He's my dad."

"We could restart over. Start again."  He begged. You could see how much he wanted this. He didn't want t o be the Doctor no more. "I just don't don't want to be him"

"You can't CHOOSE who you are!" She yelled. She was getting extremely frustrated. "You ARE the Doctor and you can't change that! I need him! I need you"

He looked at her and she looked back. Both stood staring at each other in the eye  but  a little voice interrupted their staring contest.

"I'll go get the screwdriver." Kamron perked up, sensing the tension and seriously needing to get out of this room to get some air.

"No! I'll get it" Amelia said walking towards the door , glaring at the Doctor as she did so. "Stay here" She muttered before walking into the corridor.

oooOOO000

 The blaring alarms had stopped for a start. Amelia had forgotten they were even going off. Everything was quite, deserted and empty...just nothing.

Amelia crept silently and swiftly through the corridors, hoping that she could actually remember her way back to the large room.  She stopped in an instantaneous response to the quite rambling that came from the behind the door that lead to another corridor, containing the cells. She lifted herself up off the ground using her toes so she could peak through the glass in the  door.

"So, that's were everyone went." She muttered under her breath, incomprehensible even for her. All the lanky red men in suits were dragging the lost and emotionally unstable prisoners out of their manky cells, pushing them through the other door at the far end of the corridor. What were they doing? She wondered.

Suddenly, the feeble, creepy man stumbled out of the cell closest to her, leaning heavily on his tall wooden stick. It looked more like a magic staff than a stick, taller than him and  clearly older than himself.

"Load them all up! All of them!" He told a red man who stood next to him like a bodyguard would.

"But sir, the intruders!" The man exclaimed in a Snake like voice, shocked that the commander would forget the biggest threat to them right now.

"Just load the prisoners,  along with the workers, on the escape pods." He said in a slow and patronizing tone. "The intruders are idiots plus, they are wasting their time. It'll take at least them half an hour for them to figure out how to reverse the damn machine! By then we will be gone and untraceable. Now get to it!" He hissed.

Right, Amelia thought, better get started then!

She finally made it to the large room where she was held captured, after countless times of running down corridors. A small smile escaped her lips as the sonic screwdriver came into view. She bent down before picking it up. marveling it carelessly. She never thought that she'd say this but boy how she missed it. She stood up then span on her heels to exit the room but another door way entered her vision to the side.

Curiosity took over her and she soniced the side door which slid open without any trouble. It was the main control room. Lights flashed on the control panel buttons. Her eyes scanned across the room. She stepped back quickly when her eyes landed on the red man who sat on the chair, flicking and clicking buttons on the panels, with giant head phones on. Amelia let out a sigh of relief, he hadn't heard her. She sneakily crept in. She knew what to do, as long as it didn't go wrong she could get away with it.

She felt her hands around the walls, sidestepping, never taking her eyes of the man that sat gormless to the room around him, breathing in and out heavily. She came to a part of the room which held a selection of large, heavy guns in an open cupboard. Her hand gripped on to the biggest one she felt before she pulled it out. She walked slowly towards the man, lifting the gun up high.

With one swift movement she swung it down. The man in the chair fell limp, slipping of the chair and to the ground, Unconscious.

"Oh. My. God" She muttered. "What have i got myself into now?"

_______________________________________________________________________________

I know, I know. It's late and not the best it could be but I really don't know what to write so please bare with me. Thanks for all your support!