chapter 15) The whole of space and time.

The TARDIS was shaking uncontrollably, fling all the passengers across the room in different directions.

"IT'S OKAY, DON'T WORRY! WE JUST GOT CAUGHT IN THE EXPLOSION. IT'S ALL NORMAL!" The Doctor yelled as all three held on the the console for their lives.

Sparks started to shoot from the console earning a yelp of shock from Amelia.

"WELL, MAINLY ALL NORMAL" The Doctor yelled, a hint of worry in his voice.

Amelia was scared stiff. she was clinging to the console so hard that her knuckles had turned white. we're gonna die, Amelia thought to herself . She herd the Doctor laughing to himself, how could he be enjoying this? They were speeding through the vortex at practically the speed of light and he was laughing?

They had escaped a death trap and they had fallen into another. At least that's what Amelia thought, but the Doctor and River knew they'd be fine. The TARDIS just had trouble stopping from the power of the blast.

Suddenly, the TARDIS came to a halt making all three fall the floor, side by side. They suddenly burst out in uncontrollable laughter, of course they did, they had escaped the Daleks and the ride from the TARDIS, what wasn't their to laugh at?

After several minutes of spontaneous laughter, the Doctor pulled himself up, extended his hand to River, pulled her up and extended a hand towards Amelia. Amelia smiled, which the Doctor returned, grabbed his hand and let her father pull her from the floor.

"This is me gone now" River smiled.

"What? why?" Amelia asked fully and completely confused.

"I'm going back to the storm cage"

Amelia looked to the Doctor for help.

"I'll explain later" He said, reading her confused face as he flipped in the new co-ordinations for their next move.

"I'll be fine. Look after yourself and him too" River said placing her hands on Amelia's shoulders and kissing her forehead. "I'll see you soon" she smiled before walking out the door.

"What's the storm cage?" Amelia asked, watching curiously as her father span around the console once again pressing buttons and pulling leavers.

"How about we eat and you can get some sleep, you look knackered by the way, then i'll explain everything and answer any of your questions  in the morning. yeah?"

"yeah"

-ooo---ooo---

Amelia sat at the kitchen table watching the Doctor root through the cupboards, throwing unwanted boxes of food all over the floor.

"You know, you could just moves them out of the way instead of on the floor." Amelia told her father as she picked up some of the boxes and tins, placing them on the kitchen side.

"No need, i have what i want." The Doctor smiled, placing a box of fish finger and a tin of custard in her face.

"Fish fingers and custard. Are you mad?" Although Amelia already knew the answer to that question... yes.

"Yes!" The Doctor yelled, placing his amazing  meal on the table. Amelia sat down across from the Doctor who then slid the bowl of custard and plate of fish fingers towards her.

Amelia pulled her face.

"Hey, don't knock it till you've tried it" The Doctor said, dipping his own fish finger into the mixture and shuffling it in his mouth, smiling.

"I don't even like fish"

"You don't like fish?" The Doctor asked, quiet frankly shocked.

"No, and i don't see the point in fish fingers. Fish don't even have fingers, so why do they call them that?"

"It's a mystery" The Doctor piled another soggy, custard covered fish finger in his mouth.

"I know exactly what to eat" Amelia said and stood up. she walked over the cupboard with the Doctor watching curiously while pulling back his unwanted fish  custard.

Amelia returned to the table a few minuets later with a bowl just like the Doctor but with different substance contained in it.

"Spam and cheese. Cheesy spam?" The Doctor looked strangly at his daughter.

"Yep" she replied popping the "p".

"That's disgusting"

"Say's fish custard."
"yes! says fish custard"

"Don't knock it till you've tried it" Amelia laughed, referring to his earlier comment.

The Doctor picked up a fish finger and reached over the table, dipping it into Amelia's cheese. Amelia reached to slap his hand away, but he had already took a bite out of the the cheesy fish finger.

The Doctor pulled a face and stuck his tongue out in disgust.

"That's disgusting! How can you eat this?" The Doctor asked, disgracefully.

"The same way you can eat that!"

"Cheesy spam" The Doctor muttered.

"Look we've been over this. Fish custard" Amelia exclaimed while pointing at the Doctor's meal.

Both looked  at each other, while dipping their food in their chosen liquid and taking a giant bite at the same time.

"Spam and cheese" The Doctor muttered again.

"Get over it!" Amelia yelled placing her head in her hands, she had been with the Doctor for more than a day and he was already giving her a headache.

---ooo---ooo-

Amelia tossed and turned in her bed, she just couldn't get to sleep not after today anyway. She just couldn't get comfortable. If she was too hot she took her covers off then she became cold, she just couldn't get comfy enough to sleep at all, she was restless.

She  flick the lamp on that sat next to her on her bedside cabinet and sat up, the water bed jiggling underneath her. Maybe that was why she couldn't get to sleep... she was sea sick or more luckily homesick. Yes, this was her home but she hadn't lived here all her life, had a childhood here. Truth be told she missed Maggie and their house that was way to big. Hopefully she could she her again, have a couple of adventures with the Doctor and River but pop back for five minuets...just to say hello.

Amelia sighed, leaned her back against the wall and looked around her room. She smiled at the Dark blue wall in front of her, covered in silver and Gold circles. Gallifreyan. She could read it like it was English. A language that she had forgotten for so many years, a language no one else knew or understood. The language of her Father.

Most of the markings said her name. Amelia Rose Smith. Amelia meaning industrious, hard working, beloved and flatterer.

She scrambled out of bed and decided to have a wonder around the TARDIS, Hopefully walking through the her maze of hallways might make her sleepy enough.

-ooo-ooo--

The Doctor was walking back from the library to his room, he just couldn't sleep but at least Amelia could, so he was happy for her.

Walking through the console room he noticed the TARDIS's doors wide open and stooped in his tracks. He started to walk to close the doors when he noticed a small figure sat on the edge, legs hanging off the TARDIS and it's covered in long, ginger hair, head leaning against  sexy's doors.

The Doctor smiled as he watched his daughter look out to the spiral Galaxy in front of them. He was fascinated by how she looked at the Galaxy, like no-one else before, staring at the tiny, shimmering stars like she wanted to collect each one of them and plant them on the walls of her room. Like she wanted to dive out the TARDIS and swim in the non-gravitational skies filled with the most beautiful shades of purple, blue, red and green in the universe.

The Doctor couldn't stop smiling for he had his daughter back, after painful years of searching he had her back and he intended on keeping it that way.