Not So Happy Ending (Chapter 34)

Jennifer’s POV:

                “Hurry up Niall!” I banged on the bathroom door.  I was dressed and my hair was done but I still had to put on makeup with five minutes to spare.

                “Hold your horses,” Niall answered me as I heard the toilet flush. I gagged a little bit, I was pretty sure I knew what Niall had just done in there. I shivered at the thought. “You may have the bathroom now,” Niall informed me as he swung open the door. I dashed in and out, doing my makeup in record time.

                “Are you ready?” Harry whined.

                “Blame Niall,” I said as I grabbed my purse from off of the table. “He was hogging the bathroom.”

                “I like being fashionably late,” Louis proclaimed as he strutted to the door. I was glad to see Louis in a better mood.

                “You’re such a dork,” Zayn nudged Louis.

                “Who is DDing tonight?!” I asked.

                “Nose game,” Harry yelled. We all rushed to put our fingers on our noses, Niall lost.

                “Damnit,” Niall replied, hanging his head down low.

                “Don’t worry Niall,” I put my arm around his shoulders. “At least next time that means you don’t have to DD.”

                “Blah!” he exclaimed.

                We pulled up to the bonfire. It was pretty big. “There you all are!” Belle cheered, slurring her words slightly. “You guys want a drink?” she offered.

                “Sure,” we all answered.

                Belle got the boys beer and me a mixed drink with some sort of vodka and some sort of juice. It was okay. We all gathered around the bonfire and began to socialize.

                “Howdy there,” a boy with a deep southern accent greeted me. I turned around and there, standing in front of me was a boy who stood at 6’2” with short blonde hair, and piercing green eyes.

                “Hey,” I answered, getting a little nervous.

                “What’s your name?” he asked.

                “I am Jennifer, what is your name?” I asked back.

                “I am Travis,” he stuck out his hand and I shook it. “You’re not from around here are you?”

                “How’d you know?” I laughed.

                “Lucky guess,” he winked at me. “What brings you here?”

                “Oh, we were invited by Belle,” I looked around to find her; she was flirting with Harry, of course.

                “Belle seems to fancy that curly hair dude,” Travis insightfully observed.

                “Yeah, she does,” I said through my clenched teeth. “I’ve got to go, it was nice meeting you,” I quickly turned away trying to find Harry and Belle. I pushed through crowds of people and had no luck in finding them. I sighed.

                “What’s up buttercup?” I heard a familiar Irish accent ask.

                “I can’t find Harry,” I huffed out.