Niall the Cheater (Ch. 28)

Jenny’s POV:

                We had now been on the tour bus for a little less than a month. I was laying in my bunk, listening to my iPod, trying to drain out the racket the boys were making while playing their video games. I turned up my iPod a little louder, but they seemed to get louder as my iPod did. I finally slowly took out my headphones and yelled, “Could you guys keep it down?”

                “Sorry!” Zayn yelled.

                “Is it that time of the month?” Liam whispered loudly to Harry.

                “I am on a strict, don’t ask, don’t tell policy with that,” Harry quickly informed the rest of the boys. I rolled my eyes and put my headphones back in and pulled out my laptop. I decided to Google One Direction, because I don’t get enough of them as of now, and of course the first thing that pops up was Niall’s break up with Riley. I frowned at all the headlines. I wish Niall could just find that one special girl, he so deserved it. I clicked on one of the articles and started to read it.

                I was skimming it when I had a head pop up next to my bed, and a cheerful, “Hello!” from Harry. I barely acknowledged him and continued to read.  Of course me ignoring him only made him more intrigued to what I was reading. “Whatchya reading?” he asked as he climbed into my bunk and sat next to me.

                “This,” I pointed to the article on my computer screen.

                “Well duh, but what is it about?” Harry rolled his eyes. I didn’t want to say it aloud so I just pointed my finger at the headline. Niall & His Princess Call it Quits. “Why are you reading this garbage?” he snottily asked me.

                “Curiosity,” I simply replied. I then skimmed a line which caught my attention. They had supposedly interviewed Riley who, they said they quoted.

                “Niall lied to me and cheated on me, he is not the mister nice guy everyone makes him out to be.” My jaw dropped.

                “What is it?” Harry looked at me, his face filled with concern.

                “Read this line,” I indicated to the line.

                Harry quickly read it and his eyes got wide, his fists clenched up, and his jaw dropped, just like mine. Harry stammered to find his words, “Niall wouldn’t lie or cheat to a fly, let alone a girl.”

                “I think you are using the analogy incorrectly, but I know!” I whispered in disbelief.

                “God I hope Niall doesn’t see this,” Harry huffed out.

                “Me either…” I shook my head.

                “Don’t tell him!” Harry hastily pointed his finger at me.

                “What makes you think I’d do that?” I retorted. “The kid is moping around enough as it is, we don’t need to add any fuel to that!” I started at the article. I wanted to do something. I needed to do something.

                “What are you thinking about?” Harry quickly asked, narrowing his eyes at me.

                “Nothing,” I hesitantly replied.

                “Bull shit,” he raised his eyebrows.

                “I need to do something about this…” I admitted. I wasn’t very good at keeping my plans to myself.