- 26 -

~ two weeks later ~

Your POV

I had fallen asleep the previous night with yet another headache, hoping it would disappear when I woke up. Instead, I woke up with an even worse headache and a nauseous feeling.

Even adjusting in the slightest caused a strong wave of nausea to wash over me. Prying myself out of John's arms, I hurried out of our room, barely making it to the toilet before throwing up whatever I had the night before.

I tried to take a breath, only gagging more and hunching over as I continued getting sick.

After a brief moment, I heard footsteps moving down the hall. Another quick moment passed before I saw John kneel next to me out of the corner of my eye, pulling my hair into a loose ponytail with an elastic.

He rubbed gentle circles on my back, staying quiet except for the occasional loving words.

Once I was sure I was fine, I sat up straight again, sighing. "Good God..." I muttered.

John stood up, reaching for a face cloth and running it under cold water. He knelt back down, gently pulling me against him and resting the cloth on my forehead.

"Feel any better?" he asked quietly.

"I guess.." I mumbled, my stomach still occasionally feeling like it was twisting.

We sat in silence for a few minutes, before John helped me stand up. I flushed the toilet, washing my hands.

I didn't have time to say anything before John carefully picked me up. He walked back into our room, gently setting me on the bed. He sat on the bed next to me, continuing to rub my back.

It was quiet another few minutes before John spoke up. "Would you be alright if I quickly ran to the store?"

"I don't see why not," I answered quietly.

I felt him kiss the top of my head. "I'll be back then. If you feel any worse, just call me and I'll come right back."

"Okay príncipe..."

~

John and I were sat on our bed, watching Disney. I had dismissed myself to use the bathroom, telling him I wasn't getting sick at all.

Walking into the bathroom, I closed the door. Turning around, I noticed a little note on the sink besides a box.

'Mi princesa,

After you got sick this morning, I wanted to get some things for you, as you already know. This... just happened to be one of them.

It's been long enough since we've done... that... and I think it's worth checking out for sure.

- Tu príncipe'

I glanced at the small box of pregnancy tests. 'John was right... it has been a decent enough amount of time.'

So I took the test, setting it on some toilet paper and placing it on the sink to wait it out.

After what seemed like long enough, I figured the results were already done. I hesitated, but eventually looked down at the sink.

Two lines.

I shook my head in disbelief. Shakily, I picked up another test, trying that one too. Another few minutes passed.

Another two lines.

I was snapped out of my cloudy thoughts by a knock on the bathroom door. "Chickadee? Feeling alright?"

"Yeah! I'll be out in a bit, príncipe," I responded hurriedly.

I looked up at the mirror, misty (E/C) eyes glancing back at me. All the moments talking about kids then was just... then. But now... it was actually coming true.

Shoving one of the little sticks in my sweatshirt pocket, I opened the door, slowly making my way back into our room.

I reentered to see John by the bed, looking around the room. He looked up upon seeing me, but concern immediately flashed in his hazel eyes. "Princesa? Why are you crying?"

He walked over, gently taking my hands in his. "Is-- Was it..?" It didn't take much to know he was trying to ask about the test results.

I didn't reply, trying to recollect my thoughts. After a moment, I finally spoke up. "John.. how much does having a kid mean to you..?"

"I-It would mean everything, chickadee. Just thinking of having a little child running around the living room, o-or taking them to the park..." John answered quietly, looking at me. "B-But even if it's negative, that doesn't change anything. I hope you know that.."

I let go of one of his hands, reaching into my pocket and grasping the test. I pulled out the test slowly, gently placing it in John's hand. "I-I hope this is alright then..."

I could tell John was nervous. Between my tears and the things I was saying, I knew he thought it was negative.

I watched him quietly as he flipped the test so he could read it, looking down at it after a beat. His hazel eyes widened, already glistening with faint tears. "F-For real..?"

I nodded. "There's another positive test too..." I paused a moment. "You're gonna get to be a father, príncipe."

In an instant I was swept into his arms, him twirling me around and making me laugh.

John set me down after some moments, and I lifted a hand, wiping his cheeks. He looked at me, still in surprise. "I- You're- We-..."

I giggled, pulling him by his collar into a kiss. When he pulled apart, his arms wrapped securely around my waist, pulling me to him. I wrapped my arms around him just as tightly, burying my head in his sweatshirt.

"I-I can't thank you enough, baby girl. For choosing me and giving me this life... t-thank you so much."