- 6 -

~ the next day ~

Your POV

John said he had some last minute things to take care of, so I decided I'd go out.

Upon returning home, I went into the kitchen, seeing a piece of paper on the kitchen island. I walked over to it, seeing John's familiar scrawl.

'Princesa,

I'm sorry, but I just have one last thing to do. When you get this, I'd like it if you were to pick something out for tonight. It doesn't have to be over-the-top, just whatever you think works best. Anything looks wonderful on you =)

Once you pick something out, you can put it on. We might not leave right away but I'd like to be able to admire you before the public can.

I'll be home soon, and be prepared for a surprise! Te amo, princesa.

- Tu príncipe'

I smiled to myself, setting the note down. I had a feeling John was hinting at the dress I had bought two days ago, but I wasn't going to let him see it yet.

I was about to start going upstairs when my phone went off. Pulling it out of my pocket, I looked at the screen.

Instagram
johnlaurensofficial has tagged you in a post.

I was slightly confused, but unlocked my phone regardless, going to Instagram. Sure enough, John had tagged me in something.

Tagged: hi(y/n)(l/n)johnlaurensofficial It's weird to think that three years ago today I finally got to start loving a girl I had so helplessly started crushing on

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Tagged: hi(y/n)(l/n)
johnlaurensofficial It's weird to think that three years ago today I finally got to start loving a girl I had so helplessly started crushing on. Three years ago today, this girl actually joined the wild ride of a polyamorous relationship we used to have. Though things did go south, my love never did. Princesa, today is our day. Every day is our day, no matter what anyone may say or do. I love you today, from day one, and for the rest of our lives. Mark my words. Te amo mucho, mi princesa.
- John

After reading the post, I felt a few tears sparkling in my eyes. This man was going to be the death of me, I could feel it.

Finally, after collecting myself, I started my way upstairs, entering our room and going to the closet. Opening the closet door, I started my outfit search. Luckily, it didn't take long before I found something.

 Luckily, it didn't take long before I found something

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I pulled the outfit out, setting it on the bed. Making sure the bedroom door was closed, I started changing.

As if on cue, right as I finished changing, I heard the front door open.

"Princesa?"

"Upstairs!" I called, walking over to my vanity.

I was brushing through my hair when I saw the door open. John walked in, and I almost dropped my hair brush. "Who are you and what have you done with my príncipe!"

I set my brush down, standing up and walking over to him. "Oh Dios mío... Príncipe, you cut your hair!"

Sure enough, most of John's dark brown curls were gone. There were still some curls, but it was a definite change. No more buns or ponytails for him for a long while, that was for sure.

John laughed sheepishly. "I thought it was time to cut it. Do you like it?"

I nodded, smiling. "Yes! You look amazing! This was a definite surprise!"

He smiled. "I was worried you wouldn't like it. But speakin' of amazing... look at you~!"

I blushed a bit, rubbing the back of my neck. "This was the best thing I thought I had."

John chuckled, setting his hands gently on my waist. "I don't know if I want the world seein' you look this cute."

Giggling, I placed my hands on his chest. "Well you're the one that planned tonight. We're goin' out, príncipe."

He sighed playfully. "Fine."

~

"That was wonderful," I mused as we left the restaurant.

John nodded, lacing our fingers together. "I'm glad you liked it, chickadee."

I looked up at him. "Where to next?"

"Central Park," he answered simply.

~

Tagged: johnlaurensofficialhi(y/n)(l/n): Before I go into my emotional post about my boyfriend can we take a moment to process he cut his hair?^ He's so pretty

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Tagged: johnlaurensofficial
hi(y/n)(l/n): Before I go into my emotional post about my boyfriend can we take a moment to process he cut his hair?^ He's so pretty. Anyways, I already know there's no way I can top John's post, but three years ago I did indeed finally get with this artistic boy. And while there were others, I don't think any of them truly compared to John. I still don't know how, but I find myself falling more in love every day. I loved you from day one, I love you now, and I'll love you until the time forces me to stop. Te amo mucho, mi príncipe.
- (Y/N)

I stifled a giggle when I heard John's phone go off. He looked up at me, then down at his phone. I watched as he opened the notification and as my post lit up his screen.

I went back to 'looking' at my other social medias, watching John read the post from the corner of my eye. Once he finished, he looked back up at me. "Princesa.." he said quietly.

I couldn't help the smile that crossed my face as I turned off my phone. After a moment, I looked up, meeting his misty hazel eyes.

"You're lucky no one's around..." John mumbled, wiping his eyes.

I giggled, moving so I was right next to him on the bench. Facing him, I lifted my hand to wipe a few stray tears. "To be perfectly fair, baby, you had me in tears earlier."

John chuckled, holding onto my hand before gently pulling me on his lap. I smiled, wrapping my arms around him and resting my head in the crook of his neck.

"Thank you, chickadee," I heard John say quietly after a moment.

I picked my head up, looking at him. "For what?"

"Everything. For joining us three years ago. For putting up with me all of this time. For letting me love you."

I tried to bite back a smile, failing. "You're gonna make me cry again."

John laughed quietly, and I adjusted myself so I could look in front of us and lean against his chest. His arms tightened a bit and I held onto one of them.

Everything was quiet. I was surprised I didn't see any of the three, but I was glad. It was just the way I wanted it to be and more.