- 61 -

BACK IN THE GAME BABY YOU LOVE TO SEE IT

~ October 2 ~

Your POV

john🎨 @JLaurensofficial
She's pretty much running now, Bowie nor the rest of the house are safe...
[video attached]
(holy sh*t his display name finally changed 61 chapters in everyone clap-)

The video was Frances toddling rather quickly after Bowie, although she only managed about a foot or two before falling over. She wasn't deterred though, getting right back up in pursuit of our Australian Shepherd. I could hear John snickering in the background before the video ended.

"Girl, what's got you all smiley?" Noah's voice made me look back up. "Hold on, I'll show you."

He and I were in the studio together working on a few songs together. After a lot of fans loved our collab together on my album, we wanted to make more music together next time he was in town. And now that he was, we took the opportunity.

I scooted a little closer to him, showing him my phone. "Just a video John tweeted of Frances earlier."

Noah watched the screen, looking up at me in surprise once it was over. "She's running now?"

"Almost," I laughed. "It's a work in progress. She's getting the hang of it a lil' quickly for our liking, though."

"God," my friend huffed, shaking his head, "I literally remember seeing both you and John's tweets about her when she was born. And now she's doing this sh*t, what the hell?"

"Boy, how do you think we feel? That's our kid growing up," I replied, running a hand through my hair. "Ay Dios mío.."

"Real talk, though, I wanna tell you somethin'," Noah said after a moment, turning his body to face me more. "I think you'll love to hear this."

"And what's that?"

He started to smile. "Owen and I have been talking about it lately, and we think we're gonna start the adoption process."

My eyes widened. "No way, you're jokin'."

It was his turn to laugh, shaking his head. "Not joking, (Y/N)."

"You're kidding!" A smile broke across my own face, pushing his shoulder. "Noah, that's fantastic! Do you guys have an idea on gender or age or anything?"

"We're prob'ly gonna try and adopt a kid under two years old," he told me. "Don't know what gender yet, neither of us have a preference, although the age could also change depending on who we meet. We're supposed to go to a center back in Cali in a few weeks."

"You gotta keep me updated on that, holy sh*t. That's so exciting!" I exclaimed.

"You know I will!"

"Can I tell John later?" I asked. "He'd totally love that. We won't tell anyone else."

Noah nodded. "Go for it. Owen and I are gonna make an announcement prob'ly next week or the week after. Girl, we're so excited."

"I can't blame you," I replied, glancing down at my phone. Frances was still on the screen. "A kid is a lotta work but you two are totally gonna kill it. It's simultaneously tough but also really, really rewarding."

"I'll keep that in mind. Don't be surprised if I go asking you for advice, either." Noah laughed. "I think we should get back on track though; we've been on a break for a bit."

"Yeah, we prob'ly should. Let's go!"

John's POV

While Frances was napping, I took to tidying up the house a bit. It was mostly just her toys scattered about, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to do a little more. Tomorrow was a special day, after all.

Afterward, I glanced at the time on my phone. 4:47 PM. (Y/N) would probably be home soon, which made me happy.

I went up the stairs and to our bedroom. I opened my drawer, reaching into the back and pulling out the black box. With careful hands, I opened it, admiring the jewelry inside.

(F to the original lockets I wanted to use that looked lowkey cuter than this, wattpad wouldn't let me upload the image RIP

(F to the original lockets I wanted to use that looked lowkey cuter than this, wattpad wouldn't let me upload the image RIP. this'll do tho)

It technically wasn't a present for just (Y/N), Frances too, but I knew she'd still love it. It was the fact she'd have a matching locket with her. Although Frances's was too small to put pictures in, I could still put two in my wife's.

I had to be quick though; I didn't want her getting home while I still had the box out.

~

Thankfully, I was quick enough. Her locket now contained one of our wedding photos and a photo of us with Frances from Christmas. She would definitely love it.

The images made me smile, although I had to close the box and quickly tuck it back away again when I heard the front door open and close.

I made my way back down the stairs, walking into the kitchen to see (Y/N) setting her keychain in the bowl. She turned when she heard me, smiling. "Hi, príncipe! I was just about to call for you."

"Hey, princesa."

She walked over to me, tipping her head up and pulling me into a quick kiss. My hands settled on her hips, smiling when we broke apart. "How was work with Noah today?"

"It was fun! We got a good amount done today," she answered, spinning herself away and walking towards the cabinets. "Is Frances napping?"

"Yeah, she'll prob'ly be up soon, though," I said.

She nodded in acknowledgement. "Well, do I have some exciting news for you." (Y/N) turned her head to look back at me as I quirked an eyebrow. "Noah told me somethin' really cool."

My wife launched into the topic at hand as she started getting stuff out of the cabinets and fridge, occasionally glancing back at me with hand gestures.

Her enthusiasm about a positive in someone else's life made me smile. She almost had a sorta rhythm to how she spoke, and I couldn't help but admire that. It made her easy to listen to and added another reason to a list of many to love her.

And if I got a little distracted by her effortless movements around while still keeping up a lively conversation, who's business was that but mine?

aaaaa the ending kinda sUcKeD but it'll get better i promise. just a bit of filler (is it filler i have no idea lMao) before an actual important event next chapter!

i hope y'all liked this tho and are excited for more, bc even tho i have minimal idea where i'm going with this book, i'm excited too :]

hope y'all have been well, and i'll catch ya next chapter!

~ Galaxy