- 3 -

~ meanwhile ~

Alexander's POV

The apartment was quiet. It was usually always quiet now if we weren't in the same room. It hadn't been like that when John was with us. He was always talking to one of us and it kept the place alive.

From what Herc told me, after him and John fought, John took his stuff and just left. Then eventually after I moved back in, we found out that him and (Y/N) had found a little house to stay in together rather than her apartment. At least we knew their lives were good.

While typing at my desk, half my thoughts were on the document and the other half was towards John and (Y/N), like usual. Except something had added itself to my thoughts of them.

The spring fair.

That was probably our best ticket so far to making things work again. If we managed to see them enough before then on 'accident', then we might just have a chance. But something was still bothering me.

'What If John had his own ideas?'

I knew the pair. I also knew in a few days time, they'll have reached three years together. I knew Laf and Herc would've made it that far if Laf hadn't left and then disconnected from everyone for a while. So we were all starting anew except for John and (Y/N).

Unable to stand the silence, I picked up my laptop, leaving the room and finding Laf and Herc watching Doctor Strange.

"Again?" I asked, walking over to the chair.

Herc looked up. "You can't tell me it's a bad movie though."

I waved him off, reopening my laptop. "I know. It's a pretty good movie."

It went quiet again until Laf spoke up. "Mes amours?"

I hummed a reply, and saw Herc look at him.

"Are we going to be doing something at the... spring fair, was it?"

I stopped typing, looking up and shrugging. "I mean I want to. But it'll only work I think if we see them enough times before then."

"Isn't that... pretty much like stalking though, Alex?" Herc spoke after a moment.

"If it ain't on accident, then yes. Look Herc, you want them back right?"

Herc nodded after a moment. "Well, yeah..."

I smiled. "Exactly."

After a moment, I leaned forward slightly. "So, gents, what can we possibly come up with to win them back over?"

~

"Well, oui, but we still have un problème..." Laf started.

"What?" Herc asked.

"I'm not too worried on convincing (Y/N)... it's... convincing John."

"What makes you say that?"

"'erc, don't you remember what 'appened when I told them I was leaving?"

He nodded. "Yeah... John was pissed..." he paused a moment. "And then when I left, it was almost worse."

"Oui. I don't think 'e cared so much about 'imself, I think 'e was mad because of what we did to 'er." Laf replied.

I wished I could've known what they were talking about, but I didn't really. I never saw John or (Y/N)'s reactions to the Reynolds Pamphlet because I had left before they could see me again.

I looked up at Laf and Herc. "Guys?"

Herc looked over. "Yeah babe?"

"What happened when they found out about the Pamphlet?"

Hercules's flashback -

(Y/N) only pointed to her phone, which was face down on the floor, before holding onto John tightly as he tried to calm her.

I walked over, bending down and picking up her phone. Turning it so the screen was facing me, I was met with a page full of words.

Government member ALEXANDER HAMILTON, Had a Torrid Affair?
And he wrote it down right WHERE?! Highlights!

Government official Alexander Hamilton is well-known for his striking government skill and polyamorous relationship with not only Marquis de Lafayette and Hercules Mulligan, but rising musician (Y/N) (L/N) and rising artist John Laurens. But now Hamilton is widely known for something else a bit more... risqué.

I scanned down the page more, not believing what I was seeing.

Hamilton, at around 12 AM this morning, posted an online 'pamphlet' about his affair with none other than model Maria Reynolds. He claimed her husband James Reynolds even had "knowing consent"!

How many of you remember Hamilton's known dream of becoming president, or even Vise to President Washington? Well he's never gonna be president now folks!

I was shocked. So that's why he wasn't in the apartment at all today and yesterday.

I turned, showing the phone to John. "You need to see this, babe," I muttered.

John moved one of his hands so he could hold (Y/N)'s phone without her seeing the words. As his eyes scanned the article, I noticed them getting darker and darker.

After a moment, he shut the phone off, setting it down. He held (Y/N) for a bit longer before motioning for me to take his place. So I did.

I watched John stand up, quietly saying something in Spanish to (Y/N) before brushing past Laf.

Even from in the room, I'm pretty sure we all heard John talking to himself in Spanish. It didn't sound very great.

It went quiet a moment, excusing (Y/N)'s quiet sniffling, until there was a loud 'thud', making all of us jump.

I managed to look past Laf and down the hall, seeing one of the wooden chairs by our table knocked over. John had his hands on the table, and I could tell even from where I was he was refraining from shoving over the other one.

End of flashback -

"That's... wow.." I spoke after a moment. "I knew I had f*cked up but... wow. I never thought John would ever knock something over in anger."

"Yeah.. it wasn't easy to calm him down for a bit. I didn't think any of us would get through to him but we did after a while."

I sighed. "So maybe we do have a bit of a bigger problem on our hands."

"Well, it's nothing we can't solve. We will get them back," Laf responded.

"You're right.. you're right. We'll get them back."