- 53 -

see i toLd you guys i would update-

~ a few days later ~

Your POV

"Everythin' just seems.. hazy.."

John had finally woken up a few hours ago. His voice was relatively quiet from the lack of use, and because of his jaw being hit so many times by Hercules, it hurt him to talk sometimes. Even with the pain medication, he was still clearly discontented, and as much as that hurt me too, I was beyond relieved he was awake.

Detective Garcia or any officers wouldn't be by until tomorrow so John could recover a little more. Despite that, part of me had to know if he remembered what happened before then.

John sighed, running his through his short curls. "I-I remember Lafayette knocking me over clearly, but everything.. everythin' after that is hazy. I just remember Hercules hittin' me over and over.."

"Did he knock you out or did you pass out?" I asked quietly, looking down when I felt his hand in mine.

"He... He knocked me out," John answered after a moment, making me look up. "I don't remember what he did, but... but I know he did it, chickadee. I-I just know.."

"Well, they're in trouble now, príncipe. They're not gonna bother us any time soon," I responded.

"Gracias a Dios..." John muttered. "Is... Is Fran okay?"

I nodded. "She's been surprisingly unfazed. She misses you though; she hasn't seen you since... that night."

"Can I see her today?" John asked hopefully.

"Of course. Mom is s'pposed to bring her later today."

A content smile crossed his face, but he didn't say anything. Instead, he looked down, and I felt his thumb gently brush over my rings.

~

John seemed more relaxed than he had all morning once Frances was in his lap. She even seemed happier too, her giggling and smiling bringing a genuine smile to John's face despite the pain.

"You wouldn't think she was just kidnapped for like a week," John commented after a few minutes. "Aside from the fact she's clingier than normal."

"Not that that's a problem," I laughed slightly.

John did the same. "Definitely not."

He looked down when Frances tugged on his hospital gown. "What're you doin', birdie?"

He helped her stand on his legs, feigning surprise when she reached up and hit his non-bruised cheek. "You think you're funny, Fran, huh?"

Frances giggled, doing it again. "You think you're funny?"

Setting her down, John did so to start tickling her sides, making her squeal and start to laugh. I knew smiling had to have hurt him at least a little bit, but it was so bright and genuine, I couldn't see him in any pain for the first time since he'd woken up.

There was a fresh sense of peace as he stopped, letting our one-year-old calm down. Frances babbled quietly to herself, reaching for John's hand and smiling when he let her hold his finger.

His own smile stayed, but not for long, starting to fade after a bit. He looked like he was lost in thought.

"John? What's wrong?" I spoke up.

John looked from Frances over to me, silent a few moments while he figured out how to answer. "I just- I can't help but wonder what woulda happened if they had her longer. Hercules had made it clear they would've tried to get her to see them as her parents, but..."

"Frances is smart, baby. She may be one but she recognizes us well," I reassured. "They couldn't've been able to keep her for that much longer."

"We coulda found her sooner." John suddenly switched topics after a few moments. "Maybe we shoulda gotten the police..."

"I'm sorry, but I tried to tell you, baby," I smiled sadly. "It coulda been done a lot faster."

"Yeah, I realize that now," John sighed. "And this coulda been avoided." He motioned to himself in the hospital bed.

"That woulda been really nice," I responded, looking at the dark bruise around his jaw. "But it happened; we can't do anything about it now. At least we got her back without them killin' you."

"At least.." John added, once again falling quiet.

I saw Frances look up at him, seeming to study his expression. After a few moments, she once again tugged his hospital gown. "Dada?"

John looked down at her, rubbing her little arm with his thumb. "Yeah, birdie?"

"Sad f-face," she told him, pointing at his face with her other arm. "Sad?"

He realized what she was trying to say. "Dada isn't sad, birdie, it's okay."

Frances shook her head. "Sad," she repeated.

John looked over at me. I gave him a small smile. "I told you she's smart."

He huffed quietly, his own small smile forming for a few moments. He looked back over to Frances. "Dada's just thinkin', Fran..."

~

John's fresh dosage of pain medications had ended up making him tired, so he was currently fast asleep. Frances had also fallen asleep against him, and the sight honestly made me smile.

I was on my phone, looking through Twitter. Word had quickly gotten around about what had happened, and so many fans were trying to message me or tweet at me.

I knew we'd have to talk about it sooner rather than later, but today wasn't that time. When John was able to leave the hospital, then we could think more about it.

Something caught my eye while I was scrolling through, and I had to backtrack, seeing an article someone had posted about.

ALEXANDER HAMILTON Under Fire!

is this bad? yes it is. do i know where i'm going from here? somewhat

i have ideas and plans but after a certain point i'm like "okay now what-"

one way or another tho ya girl's gonna figure it out and it's gonna hopefully be cool. anyway i'm sorry this is b a d but i hope you liked it nonetheless- feels good to be back here :')

i'll see you guys next time tho, stay t u n e d

~ Galaxy