- 2 -

~ later that day ~

Your POV

"Princesa?"

"Hm?"

"Is the spring fair next week?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Next Saturday." Today also happened to be Saturday.

John typed something on his phone then set it back down on the coffee table. I looked back up to the TV, watching Harry and Cedric race to get the Triwizard Cup.

After a moment, I turned to John. "Wait... you aren't planning something, are you, príncipe?"

John mocked offense. "Me, John Laurens, planning something? What makes you say that?"

"You have this certain look in your eyes," I answered, cracking a smile.

"That certain look is called 'love', not suspicion," he responded, grinning.

I giggled, leaning over and pressing a kiss to his cheek. "You're too good for this world."

"As are you," John replied simply.

I was about to reply when my phone dinged. I picked it up off the table, reading the screen.

Messages
Mei: (Y/N)! Have you heard about the spring festival?

I smiled to myself. Mei was a Chinese girl who had moved to New York from Shenzhen, China. She was one of the sweetest women I had ever met.

(N/N): Yeah! John and I have already made plans to go lol

Mei: That's so cuteee!

(N/N): What about you?

Mei: Well... I did find this boy...

(N/N): Omg who MEI SPILL

Mei: His name is Rowen! He's so cute and cool!

(N/N): I better be meeting him there Mei I swear

Mei: You will! I've told him quite a bit about you already...

(N/N): Okay, it's official. You are now the sweetest person to ever set foot on this planet

(N/N): Please give me a moment to recollect myself so I don't die

Mei: I need to head out anyways.. Rowen said he wanted to take me to see a movie!

(N/N): That's too cute stop-

(N/N): Have lots of fun~! I'll be seeing you soon lol!

Mei: For sure!

Mei: Bye (N/N)!

"Who was that?" John asked as I set my phone down again.

"Mei," I answered, "she was asking if I knew about the fair and told me about this new boy. I'm so happy for her!"

John chuckled. "You've only known each other for a couple months yet act like you've known each other since childhood."

"Mei is just so wonderful!" I responded. "It's like impossible to not love her!"

~

"Babyyyyy."

"Whaaaaat?"

"What're you planning?"

"I can't tell you, or it wouldn't be a surprise, would it, baby girl?"

"I have to wait a whole week for this surprise?!"

"Yes! You'll live!"

I jumped on the bed, falling on my back. "Tell that to my dying body."

"(Y/N) La- (L/N), you can last seven days."

I noticed the quick catch on my last name, but brushed it off.

"Let me guess, you're not getting up are you?" John asked.

"I'm a dead person. Dead people don't move."

He chuckled. "Well they don't talk either."

"Well I'm special!"

I heard him stifle more laughter, and watched as he came into view. "You're leaving me with no choice again."

"John Laurens, do not pick me up again!" I squeaked as I was scooped into John's arms.

John laughed, and adjusted his grip slightly. I moved myself so I could wrap my legs around his waist, feeling his arms move to support me better.

"Sometimes I forget how strong you are," I spoke after a moment.

"Again, I've picked you up dozens of times," he replied, smiling.

"One of these days, you're going to get sick of picking me up," I giggled, placing my hands on his chest.

John chuckled lightly, kissing me gently after a moment. "I could never."

"You think you can kiss me and then proceed to get away with it?" I teased.

"I don't know. Why don't you tell me, princesa?" he responded, saying the second sentence in a lower volume. (We want that romantic/teasing shiz but it's still too early for all the intense stuff-)

"Now you're just asking for it," I muttered.

I looked at John a moment, seeing his sparkling hazel eyes. He shot me a cocky smile.

I couldn't help but giggle, wrapping my arms around his neck securely and pressing my lips to his. I let my eyes close as I felt his arms hold me a bit tighter. It was gentle, but full of love none-the-less.

After a long moment, we pulled apart. I gazed at John, catching my breath. "How are you not tired after holding me this long?"

"Stamina, baby girl."

I giggled, resting my forehead against his. "Did I ever tell you that you're the best?"

"No, because that's what you are," John responded, smiling.

I paused. "I wish things could stay like this forever, mi amor," I mused after a moment.

"There's nothing stopping us. We can still live our best life, baby girl, and we will," he responded.

"But how can you be sure? We still have... them.. trying to interfere with us."

John finally set me down, but grabbed both of my hands. "They can only interfere if we let them. One day they'll realize we don't need them."

"One day.." I repeated.

He kissed the top of my head. "Don't worry, it'll be sooner rather than later. I'll make sure of it, princesa."