45

Chapter 45

Alexis’ P.O.V

“You…you heard it?” I found a bit of courage to finally open my mouth after a long moment of silence. I couldn’t believe he heard it, it wasn’t right. “You freaking heard it?!” My voice’s tone went from scared to angry.

“I did!” He replied, angrier than before. I knew, I knew there was someone watching me when I was with Ashton, I felt someone watching me and it was him. I should have known. “Don’t look at me like I did something wrong!” He added, his eyes full of anger.

“Excuse me?! You didn’t?! Do you think hearing behind the doors is something right, then?” I asked obnoxiously trying to pull away the reason why we were arguing in the first place.

“No, don’t you come on me with this stupid subject just because you don’t know what to say to me about the fact I freaking heard all those things you said in that hospital!” He yelled, his face was now closer to mine and I had my head glued to the window.

“I didn’t mean it! I was…I wasn’t okay, I’m not okay! My best friend was hit by a fuckin car and he will has to be on a Wheelchair from now on! How do you think I feel?! How do you think I feel after knowing that and especially after being away from him for so long?!” I tried my best not to cry again, I couldn’t cry in front of him, not anymore.

“Please! What the hell do I have to do with all that?! Oh right, I was the biggest mistake of your life!” Gosh! Why couldn’t he simply understand what I meant, at least for once?

“Stop! No! I didn’t freaking mean it! I wasn’t thinking! I was desperate because of everything… every shit that has been happening to me!”

“Every shit including me!” He was seriously getting into my nerves, not in a good way at all.

“You are the one saying that, Luke! I’ve never said that, I would never say that! Why can’t you understand?!” I asked, my hands wouldn’t stop trembling and my voice was coming out as a whisper already. Why was I so vulnerable around him all the time?!

“There’s nothing to understand, in fact there’s nothing really. You know what? Let’s just go back home. Try not to kill us this time, I gotta drive!” He finished his stupid and nonsense speech, pulling his body away from me and turning to face the wheel.

“What? What are you saying? I seriously…I seriously don’t understand.” I swear he was so goddamn confusing.

“Nothing, I’m saying nothing! Just shut the hell up and let me drive in peace!”

Luke’s P.O.V

She was driving me insane, which was all she did ever since I met that girl. I couldn’t stand it anymore, not without knowing what the hell I should do or even what I wanted. I was no good for her just like she was no good for me. We were the complete opposite of each other.

I knew I had hurt her by shutting her off that way but otherwise she wouldn’t shut up and let me drive peacefully, or at least half peacefully. My subconscious would never leave me alone, never.

More than half of the way was done and there was only ten or five minutes left till we got to the beach and ever since I told her to shut up she actually did and never opened her mouth again. I also wouldn’t dare to look at her not even with my peripheral vision. I knew she was crying though, I could hear her small sobs, the ones she was trying too hard to hide but in vain. I was so fucked up, and so was she. That was all I was able to do, to hurt her, to make her cry. Like I said before, I was no good for her.