6

Chapter 6

Alexis’ P.O.V

Last thing I remember was being hit by an huge wave which made me fell from the board and crash myself into the water.  And then I woke up at the hospital in some room full of sick and hurt people.

“What happened?” I curiously asked my father who was sitting with my brother next to the bed I was laying.

“You don’t remember?”

“Well, I do remember about falling to the water, but was it that bad?” I asked a bit confused and suddenly felt a little pain in the back of my head. “What happened, did I break my head?” I asked and Michael nodded. Great! “Have I been unconscious all this time?”

“Well you woke up at the bar when Luke took you there and saved you.” Luke?! Who was that? Ah, the obnoxious and stupid guy.

“What?!” I asked pretty surprised. He had saved me? Well they needed to be kidding me, right?

“Yeah, that guy saved you sis. I tried to go and reach for you but people stopped me saying it was too dangerous but then he suddenly came from nowhere and just ran into the water.” Michael told me and I couldn’t help but laugh, I had to laugh. “Are you crazy?”

“Why would you guys tell me such a funny story?” I asked still laughing and they looked each other very confused with my reaction. “You are kidding me, right?”

“No.” They said at the same time and I stop laughing. Why the hell would that guy saved me if in those last days the only thing he could do was hurting and pushing me into the floor? He was crazy, for sure he was. “Why would you think that?”

“Don’t…don’t know.” I said trying to come with some excuse because for sure I wouldn’t tell them about my little meetings with the asshole “I just didn’t think he was cool.”

“Well, seems like he’s a hero.” Oh yeah, of course a hero, how ironic was that brother “You should thank him.” What?!

“Your brother’s right, Lexi. Let’s just get out of here and you’re going to thank him.” My dad told me and I rolled my eyes.

“Fine.” I affirmed getting out of the bed with their help. All my body hurt and I barely could walk by myself. Seemed like I had such pretty bad waves to catch. “Dad, what about my board?”

“Gone baby.” No! Aff, it was my favourite. “Don’t worry, we will get you a better one.” Yeah, but that one was so special to me, it was made by me and Ashton two years before. By talking about Ashton, I really needed to talk to him, I missed him as hell.

“Michael, have you been talking to Ashton?” I asked him in a low tone so my dad wouldn’t hear but guess it wasn’t low enough.

“Didn’t I told you to not talk to Ashton?” My dad was such a jerk when he wanted. He didn’t like Ashton because he was a boy and he said he was always taking me to bad ways and making me miss school. I told my dad plenty of times that I was the one making those choices and that even Ashton disagreed with them but he was deaf.

“He’s my best friend, father. You can’t stop me from talking to him.” I argued placing my arms around his and Michael’s shoulders. “Besides, he was the only guy I hang out with. In fact the only friend I’ve ever had and he surfs too. I don’t understand why you don’t like him.”

“Yeah dad, I gotta agree with her.” Michael said and I winked at him. We were just pacing over the hospital’s reception so my dad could inform them we were leaving. They only kept me there till I wake up so if woke up with some inside scar or something like that I could be treat, but thanks god everything was ok.