26

Chapter 26

Alexis’ P.O.V

It had been more than two hours since I was in the streets looking for Luke and there still no sign of him. I was really worried and scared I didn’t even mind not being home and if my father could wonder where I had been. I just needed to find that guy and make sure he was ok so I could feel good with myself. Whatever had happened to him it was my fault because I was the one calling the police.

I was praying he would never found out that or I would be a dead person. Literally.

After all that time looking for him I decided it was better just get back to the beach and try to relax a little bit. As soon as I came across his van I heard a weird noise and that was when I found him. I found Luke and he wasn’t okay, at all.

“Oh my god!” I yelled scared at that bleeding boy right in front of my eyes, while I ran towards him “What happened to you?!” I asked worried grabbing him by his arms so he wouldn’t fall. Luke had his face covered in blood, specially his mouth and his t-shirt was also full of it. It didn’t seem like blood from his face though.

“What do you want?” He asked, his voice was weak just like he was himself. He could barely walk or speak. If I hadn’t arrived at that exactly moment he probably would have fell and fainted right there.

“Give me your keys!” I asked while putting his arm around my shoulder so I could help him “Give it to me, Luke!” I ordered but he didn’t do it so I did what had to be done. I took my free hand to his jeans’ pocket and grabbed it myself. He groaned in the disapproval but did nothing to stop me from opening the door.

I quickly pulled him inside and closed the door. He was still bleeding and had blood all over his jeans now. He was hurt on his belly, I was sure.

I then pulled him to his bed and made him seat there.

“What happened to you?” I asked once again while trying to lift his T-shirt but he stopped me with this hand “Let me see…” I asked, concern in my voice. I was really really worried, three thousand times more than before. He was hurt, brutally hurt and it was my fault.

“Nothing!” He answered but groaned right after that, it was probably hurting just by talking. He wasn’t more stubborn than me so I grabbed his shirt and lift it up. Oh god and how I wish I hadn’t done that. I didn’t like what I saw there, not even a little bit.

“OH MY GOD! Luke! You gotta go to the hospital!” I yelled scared and guilty. I really wanted to cry in that exact moment. I was the reason for those wounds, I knew I was.

“NO! NO WAY! I’ll be fine!” He said scared and mad. I knew exactly he didn’t want to go to the hospital, because there they would make him loads of questions about how he got hurt.

“Are you kidding me?! Look at you! You’re bleeding and you have a fucking cut in your belly that won’t stop splitting blood.”

“I said I’ll be…fine.” He tried to sound okay but he was in extremely pain, I knew it.

“Do you have a first aid box?” I asked noticing I would never convince him to go to the hospital. At least I could take care of what I caused.

“Yes…”

“Where is it?”

“Why do you want to know?”

“What do you think?”

“No! Leave! I don’t want you to take care of me.” He said looking me in the eye.

“Don’t play the jerk right now, when you are obviously needing help!” I told him and started to search for that aid box all over his van. I finally found it and quickly took it near his bed.