31

Chapter 31

Alexis’ P.O.V

My heart was beating too fast and so was Luke’s. I could feel it, I could feel it beating against my chest while his handsome hands full of tattoos were walking around my back, not knowing what to do with them, eventually. I was out of breath and so was he but I didn’t want to stop, I couldn’t stop. I was very afraid of what could happen after we break that kiss. He was high, insanely stoned and I was, I was just… I was just normally crazy, insane for doing that.

“Why…why the hell did you do that?!” He asked just right after pushing me away and trying to regain his breath. He was still high but just not as much as before. His eyes were really red, he seemed like he hadn’t slept for days.

I didn’t answer, I didn’t know what to answer to his question. I did it because…because I wanted him to get sober, or at least not as much high as he was. But I also did it because I wanted, because I needed to.

“Answer me!” He yelled growing his chest right in front of me. I wasn’t afraid of him, he didn’t scare me but he was high and he could do whatever passed through his mind and then he could regret it. What the hell was I thinking? He would never regret it anything if it involved hurting me, it was his favourite hobby. “ANSWER ME!”

“Because I care! I did it because I FREAKING CARE!” I yelled the last words and it seemed to surprise him. I didn’t care about anything I could say at that moment, he was totally high, and he would really never remember it the day after.

“You care a shit!” He said turning his back to me and started to walk away towards the parking lot. What the hell?! Ok, he was high but that didn’t mean he could simply walk way when I had just told him I cared about him, like he didn’t believe it.

Without even think about it I ran right behind him until he suddenly stopped at his van’s door.

“Stop following me!” He yelled without even looking back to face me. He was just frozen staring his door. His breath was heavy and I must confess his naked back full of tattoos going up and down whilst he was breathing was the sexiest thing I had ever seen.

“What is wrong with you?” I asked sincerely staring his back. I was trying my best to stay focused at his back and not to look down because he was just wearing his boxers.

“Go AWAY!” He ordered opening his door and running inside trying his best to close the door before I could get in but it was too late. I quickly put my hand between the door and the threshold making him wedging my tiny little fingers. It hurt, it actually hurt a lot but I wasn’t planning on showing it until I actually realized it would actually be good for something. So I quickly removed my hand from where it was and brought it to my chest showing a lot of pain. My face was for sure showing all the pain I was feeling but to be honest, that pain wasn’t because of that stupid wound he had just made in my fingers. “YOU SEE WHAT YOU FREAKING DID?!” He yelled frustrated reopening the door and coming outside stepping towards me. Bingo! My plan worked. “YOU SEE WHAT YOU DID TO YOURSELF?!” He kept yelling while trying to hold my hurt hand but I stepped back. I was pretending to be mad, to be very hurt. “Let me see.” He then said in a very calmer tone and that actually made me stop walking back. He carefully took my hand in his and I closed my eyes in pain. I wasn’t pretending it all, it was actually hurting a bunch.

We were both staring at my so not meaningful hand in quite a relaxing silence till I slowly lift my head and tried to analyse his face. Surprisingly or not he seemed worried, high or not he seemed worried and regretful.

Despite those very tired and red eyes, despite that ruined appearance he had right at that moment he was beautiful, gorgeous.

Slowly, very slowly he took my hand towards his mouth and carefully placed his soft lips on my knuckles. Luke kissed my hand in a very careful and gentle way, in a way I would never expect him to. He got me by surprise and at that moment I just felt like gasping. I tried my best to just keep staring though. I didn’t move a single bone. I simply let him do what he felt like doing.