Chapter 37 - Not The Best

This is why Gerret is acting stange. Now I understand all of it. Especially as to why Neil is acting so casual when we still have a strong matebond. That bitch has brought Gerret's mate back when she rejected him! I am not going to allow this.

I stand up, "Neil, our alliance is off!" I growl, ready take Gerret and leave. This must not be easy for him after all he wanted to runaway earlier and I didnt let him. Next time, hopefully there isnt one, I will listen to him.

The whole Blood Pack glares at me, but Neil decides to take a different route and stands up. "Alpha Hazel," he says my name in such a stern voice that my anger paused for a moment, "we had an agreement and it would not be wise to cancel it. I merely brought Melissa of the Moon Pack," he makes sure to go slower on the last part, "to see what your pack's Beta can handle. She rejected him forever ago- he should be perfectly fine." He leans his body agisnt the table, staring me right in the eyes.

Too bad I don't care about my pack's image as much as them. I will do anything to protect them, imcluding getting rid of our biggest and first alliance. It's too toxic to be considered safe. Right now he is trying to pull one of his tricks on Gerret! "How about no," I say and he takes a step back, "I'm not taking your sweet talking Neil. I know what you're saying is a load of shit. I refuse to let this alliance happen. Bringing my Beta's ex-mate here is petty and pathetic- especially for you!" I yell.

Everybody around the table gives me a wide eyed look, some with worry. I could only guess what as I've never truly seen Neil act angry before. He licks his lips, not moving an inch. "If you dont think your Beta can handle it-"

I cut him off with another furious growl. "He doesn't need to fucking handle it! He's done it once before. He's lived through more pain then you ever will," I shout, my nails digging into the table at this point, leaving deep marks.

Gerret looks up at me in awe and amazement. This is probably the most I've ever stood up to anybody. I don't feel scared like I have been before. Neil frowns, "I would advise against disrespecting an Alpha that could wipe out yout pack," he says seriously.

Of course he can do that. The question is if he would. Here are my thoughts on that, "How bold of you to assume that you're so strong," I say, getting cocky. I take a step away from the table and mimic a person thinking by pacing and tapping a finger against my cheek. "I just wonder how you get all of that 'power'?" I question and quote sarcastically. "You must have a damn good marketing crew to make your pack even seem remotely scary. To me you're like a cat, pissed off all the time, but hardly ever actually does anything." Gerret chokes on his breath and tugs on my hand, probably signalling me to slow down before I take it too bad. I can take this much further though.

Alpha Neil lets out a laugh and leans his body over the table, maybe pretending that he's dying laughing? I honestly cant figure it out. He suddenly stop and looks up at me with a sadistic smile, "Don't let your Alpha position fool you my dear. You're still just a rogue to everybody," he licks his lips in an ungodly manner.

Gerret clenches his hands into fists and stands up infront of me, acting protectively. "Alpha Neil, no offense, but you're becoming too predictable. This meeting was never for the alliance, you just want your mate back! Too bad though, she rejected you, just like how this bitch rejected me five years ago," he points to the girl Melissa and her eyes go wide. He then holds both of his fists ups and lifts one particular finger from each, "Fuck you~" he says, giving her the bird.

I bite my lip, trying to hold back a smile. I'm proud of him, I know that is probably not the easiest thing to do. Must feel nice though.

Neil lets out a growl, "This is getting out of hand," he suggests, taking in a few deep breathes, "how about we take a seat and sort this out in a professional manner."

Gerret and I look at eachother, not feeling sure if we even want to continue this. He lets out a sign, nodding. We probably couldnt get out of this if we tried. We sit back down along with Neil and keep close eyes on eachother.

"Alpha Neil, I do not appreciate the way you have decided to act towards me and my Beta. We would like to take the night to think this alliance over. Despite what you think, we can reject the alliance at anytime, which I think you're aware of," he winces, not liking my new attitude. "I will let your pack stay at my pack's new motel on the condition that you do not bother my pack during your night's rest. Does that sound in your favour to you?" I ask, mocking him as an alpha and negotiator.

He eyes me closely, then nods in disappointment. "I'm not proud to say that you won this time, my little mate."

---

I don't think many will understand how much I actually LOVE this chapter <3