Chapter 9 - Ceremony

Hazel

I take in a deep breath, the cold winter air filling my lungs. Today is the day I officially become Alpha and I'm feeling very nervous. Everything seems so rushed, but we are trying to get this done as fast as possible- at least have the ceremony complete before I meet with the Alpha of the Blood Pack. Now that terrifies me.

The ceremony is the scariest part in my opinion. It includes sharing blood with all the pack members in a long process of connecting with them. That's how the Alpha tone works in 'controlling' others. It is not something I favor, but to be a real pack we have to do this. If we do not do this properly, then other packs will likely reject us as being a real pack and kill us off.

"Hey, relax," a voice says behind me and I immediately recognize it as Gerret's. I turn to him, my face slightly reddened as I'm standing in the mirror in my bra and panties, just thinking to myself. "I know this isn't easy, but you're the perfect person for the job," he says, wrapping his arms around me from behind.

I smile, nodding. "Thanks for the confidence boost," I laugh nervously. He's been a big help the past few days in preparing everything. With that being said I still have something to ask him and I hope he accepts.

He suddenly turns me around and picks my chin up with his fingers, "Do not worry, everybody here loves you. You've done so much for them, as well as me," he smiles, leaning in amd placing a soft kiss on my lips. I kiss back for the brief moment that he held his lips against mine. Once he pulls away, he lifts up a bag that I havent noticed this whole time. "I have something for you," he says, handing it to me, "I hope you like it."

I gently take the bag and back up, sitting on our bed. Gerret comes over and sits next to me. I open the bag and peek inside, it appeared to be some clothing. I pull out the black piece of cloth and realize it's a dress. My mouth opens in amazement at the beauty of it. The dress was all black with a sequin design all over it, even going around the neck part. It looked a bit revealing, but I don't mind because it covers everything that I'd like to have covered.

"Thank you so much," I say, hugging Gerret tightly. This gift is amazing, I'm so happy as I  honestly was prepared to wear jeans to the ceremony since I have never had fancy clothes before.

He smiles, "I just thought you needed something fit for an Alpha," he says, hugging me back. Moments like these make me wish I didn't have a mate or that Gerret was my mate. He's been the most amazing person in my life.

"Hey, I wanted to ask you something," I say awkwardly, pulling away and looking up at him. He gives me a confused look, but doesnt say anything. "Can I have the honour of you being my Beta?" I ask, blushing lightly as I wait for an answer. This is it, will he take my offer? I really hope so.

His face is frozen for a moment before he yells his answer, "Yes, oh my muffins yes!" He jumps off the bed and lifts me up by my waist. I let out a little yelp at the random action. "I would love to be your Beta!"

I smile, feeling relieved from his answer. If he had rejected I dont know what I would have done.

I nuzzle my face in the crook of his neck as calms down and sits on the bed with me on his lap. "I can't believe it," he says quietly into my hair. I close my eyes, feeling the same way. This is all so new to us. It's a new beginning. "I get to be by your side, even in the hardest of times," he adds, running his fingers through my hair.