Chapter 2 - Little Known

"Okay, is everybody here?" I ask loudly while standing ontop of a large rock. Today I am making some announcements on the packs around us and possibly other things. Just to give them some minor updates.

My mind isnt straight right now and this is a fair way to distract me, it benifits everyone else anyways. Especially since Gerret decided to hide all my bras this morning and wouldnt give any to me if I didnt kiss him. Seems one sided to me, but I did get my bras back eventually. How? Words shall not be spoken.

Gerret stands by me, a small smirk on his face and I give him a side glare. My other friend, Christina, stood to my right. She was abused by her pack and joined my group four years ago. It's easy to say she is probably one of the originals. I appreciate the support she's given me throughout the years and I hope she's with me for a long, long time.

I look around and see close to everybody standing in the crowd below. So far there is about fifty people in the group, bigger than a lot of packs for a matter of fact. Unfortunately there are a lot of children, which leaves us vulnerable. I do not mind though because they dont deserve to be rogues for any reason. I remember that life and I wouldn't curse anybody else with it. I'd risk my life for them.

Once I collect my thoughts I begin, "I called everybody out here to talk about the lingering issue, surrounding packs. Unfortunately we have some of the strongest packs around us and we need to make sure nobody leaves the rogue border and goes into the pack's. It could cause a lot of trouble. Recently they have been expanding their borders and or going past their borders to kill rogues. Apperently there are some killer rogues around us as well which we should be wise of. I know it is none of you, but please do not have open arms for just any rogue you see. While some of us are not bad, there are others who would kill us at first chance," I state boldly. The many eyes looking up at me held worry, and I could feel that. It is a bummer since what I stand for is bringing rogues in, but that's just the reality of things. I would definitely consider if the rogue was like us and not a danger.

"Any questions?" I ask, wanting to finish this brief session up. We all had our own things to do today.

A hand shoots up from the front of the crowd and recognize it as Charlie. He was rejected by his mate then his pack because she was a Beta and he was considered a slave to the pack. Why? Im not sure, he is the cutest thing and some packs are just that cruel. Apperently it is easier to have a slave rather than get people to do work and pay them.

I point to him and he speaks up, "If we are in danger from the surrounding packs then why dont you make an alliance?" He asks with a little bit of hope in his eyes. I wish it wad that easy.

I didnt want to burst his bubble, but telling the truth to the kid would probably be the best thing. "We are rogues, no pack would listen us," I calmly reply, "it should be common sense that not all of us are bad, but a lot of times that doesn't exist." The crowd giggles at my comment, but it is true. We are treated far from right. Charlie nods his head slowly away in an understanding manner.

Once the crowd settles I finish the meeting, "Well I appreciate everyone coming out here today. I just wanted to make sure that everybody knew. You can go back to what you were doing," I shout, hopping down from the rock. Gerret and Cristina follow close behind me as I head over to my office. It was it's own little building.

All the buildings that we have built are quite small, just in case we have to love fast. We have done it before and found that it doesnt hurt to leave as much with these places. It still sucks of course, but that's what we get for not wanting to sleep on the ground.

"Hazel!" I hear Cristina yells for me and I turn around, her large frame running up to me, "what're you doing today?" She asks me with a smirk.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Gerret join our convorsation by standing behind me. Usually that's to drop and hint that he wants to be with me, but not today. "Just paperwork and planning," I say and immediately feel an arm snake around my waist. Okay boy, control your hormones.

"Awe," Cristina whines, pouting her lips. She stops when she notices Gerret's arm wrapped around me and takes a step forward, "You," she points to him by placing that finger on his chest, "are coming with me on parol. If I cant have her today, you cant, pervy ass bitch," she pulls him away from me.

He tries to get away from her, but she's persistant in dragging him off into the woods. What lovely friends, she knows him too well.

As they disappear, I turn back into the town to go to my office. I'm more like an alpha than I like to think. Most of the stuff I do there is for pack safety. I've studied all the packs around us, I know their alphas, betas, thirds, warriors, and boundaries.

Im surprised as to how we havent been found, but Id prefer not to jinx it. There's still much to do as we are constantly expanding and gaining people. Soon enough we will be found, but I just hope we are prepared for that day.

---

I have cheesecake.