Chapter 30 - Cold

Hazel

My eyes slowly open to a blurred sight. It takes a moment for my eyes to adjust the dark room I am in. I examine it, wondering where exactly I am. It seems a bit familiar, but I cannot seem to put my finger on it. Maybe my mind needs some time to think about everything.

That being said, I feel pain on my lower hip. It quickly grows more intense as I notice it. Why the hell is my hip burning? I ask myself. I shift positions and look down to see my hip all stitched up in a 'U' shape. It takes me a moment to realize that it's a large bite mark. Wow, I can't seem to remember a thing from the past... day? I'm guessing. Who knows how long I have been out.

"Hello?" I croak, my throat needing water to even speak as soon as I wake up. Footsteps run towards my room and the door flies open with Gerret in the door frame with an urgent look.

He runs over to me and gives me a huge hug. "You're awake," he says, stating the obvious. But it sounds like it made him happy, so I can't be too harsh
I smile, lifting an arm to hug him back. "How are you feeling?" He asks nervously, pulling away from me.

I wince, "Not good," I say, sounding half dead. Gerret quickly realizes this and grabs a water from a cabinet on the other side of the room. After living together for awhile, he has learned to know my ways well. I need a lot of water.

He brings the water up my partially opened mouth and pours a little in at a time. After a few drinks he sets down the water, "Better?" He asks with a small smile, and I nod. My throat is not dry like a desert anymore. "Now, what's hurting?" He examines me closely. A doctor should probably be doing that.

I let out a small sigh, pretty much everything. "Mostly my hip, but my muscles are also aching," I breath out, still feeling extremely exhausted. If anything, I'd like to go back to sleep and hopefully wake up feeling better. Maybe the  I can ask questions.

Gerret lets out a random, mean growl, "I should have never let that pathetic Alpha near you!" He shouts, slamming his hands onto the edge of the bed. Tears brimmed his eyes, probably from the stress he is going through. It breaks my heart seeing him like this. "He fucking did this to you. You deserve to be treated like a princess and he practically tosses you off to the side like nothing," he cries.

I reach my hand out and wipe some tears off his cheek. "It is not your fault, nor is it Neil's. What I did was on my own accored. I was silly to think that I could beat fully trained packw arriors," I tell him out of honesty. He can't hold a grudge against Neil for what had happened. He saved my life, I slowly remember.

Gerret places his hand on my cheek and touches it softly, "You had me so worried when his warriors found us, yelling that they need a doctor," he says quietly. I look up at his sad face and my heart clenches. My mind wanders back to the mate topic, making me feel worse. There's got to be a way that I can figure this out and fast.

I slowly lift myself off the bed. Since my pack is back, I need to talk to them about the attack and what to do during future attacks. That also means I won't be leaving my pack for a hell of long time, so Neil will just have to suck it up. "So where is my supposed mate?" I ask, surprised that he is not here. If he really liked me then I would guess he would have been here. Not that I mind though, having some alone time with Gerret feels nice.

Gerret looks over to the hospital door, "He went to deal with the Recall Pack since they're a part of his pack now. He was thinking that you would wake up later, when he was done," he trails off, probably not liking the fact that I was asking about him. Can't blame him for many obvious reasons. "So, what do you think of him?" He asks, sounding slightly scared.

I let out a loud sigh, "I have not a god damn idea," I pause for a moment, "He has been great, but he is definitely hiding some stuff. I'd just like to know what it is," I say, trying not to hurt his feelings. I still have not decided yet! So there is hope for us. I wonder how much longer he can hold on.

He nods understandingly, "Fair enough, I just hope you take the time to think and be happy with your decision- even if it's not with me," he says, sounding very sad. My eyes widen and I raise my hand to cup his that's on my cheek. "I know you care about me, but the mate bond is an amazing thing. Don't push that chance away for me, I will be happy knowing that you're happy," he smiles, some more tears accumulating on the edge of his eyes.

I take in a sharp breath, taking what he says to heart. My only worry is how honest he is being, because even I know it'd hurt to break off such a long lasting relationship. "Thank you so much," I whisper, wrapping my arms around him, "just know that I will always love you whether it be as my lover or my friend."

Gerret shoves his face in the crook of my neck and I can feel him smile against my skin. "I love you," he replies as I notice his body awkwardly laying across the hospital bed. Silly goose.

My eyes wander towards the door as it quietly and slowly opens. Neil sticks his head in and looks at the scene infront of him with a scowl.

---

Yay! 30th chapter! Don't worry, Hazel will not always be a sap (:

Also- good romance animes?