Chapter 1 - My Day

Hazel

My eyes gaze deep into the woods as I wait patiently. The sky above me is clouded and dark while the wind is cold and messing up my fur due to how strong it is. A few bird chirps catch my attention and I look up into the trees to see a couple of birds cuddling in a nest, how cute.

Soon enough I hear paws hitting the ground in the distance and I turn to face where they're coming from. Well that took them way too long, honestly.

"Hazel! Slow down, we aren't as fast as you," my best friend, Gerret, panted in the mindlink as his wolf collapsed right infront of me. I raise my eyebrows as I merely stare down at him. I am not a super wolf, just fit.

The other wolves look at eachother then to me for a response. "Listen up, everyone," I say, catching the attention of all twenty people, "if we want to stay together then we need to work together. We are rogues and packs do not like us and more than likely they will try and kill us if they find us. I know it may seem-"

I'm cut off by another wolf named Blaze, "It is hard, not just may seem like," he pants with his wolfy tongue hanging out. His blue eyes stare into mine for a long second before turning away.

I roll my eyes at the unneeded remark and continue, "Anyways, just think of the kids and the wolves who can't protect themselves. I know everybody may not agree or like eachother sometimes, but we are still a group." I say, wagging my tail from side to side a little as I impressed myself with that speech. Every so often I have to do it to address something and today that is protection.

Everyone looks at eachother before nodding. It's good to have everybody on the same page. "Alright, I think that's enough for tonight. Whoever has border watch go do that and the rest can go home," I smile, looking over at Gerrek, knowing he and I are the ones patrolling.

Everyone let's out a small howl before walking back, too tired to even trot. Me and Gerret separate from the group when we get closer to the base camp and walk through the woods together.

I feel a nudge and I look over at him, glaring. "You're almost like an alpha," he laughs through the mindlink and I blush lightly, knowing full well he couldnt see it. I dont like being called an alpha because they are why most people are with are group, because their packs either abused or kicked them out. "Oh c'mon grumpy gal," Gerret shoves me harder this time and I let out a small growl.

Within a quick moment I'm flipped on my back with Gerret on top of me. He shoves his snout in the crook of my neck and licks my fur there softly. I stay quiet, watching him closely. "You smell good today Hazel," he growls nipping a little bit.

My mood doesnt faulter as I pay attention to him and our surroundings. Gerret does this, sometimes. He has told me that since he was rejected by his mate he finds that he's attracted to me and I might be his second chance. I can never figure out how to react because I know that my mate still exists out there. Should I push him away? Probably, but he's been there for me from the start and I know how hurt he would be if I did.

He licks my cheek, catching my attention again, "You're so beautiful," he mindlinks, growling slightly, "I just wish you would let me mark that pretty neck of yours," he says, now biting my neck. I let out a small wimper, looking up at him while he looks right into my eyes. "That was sexy," he growls.

I let out a little huff before pushing him off. "This isn't the time Gerret," I say, trying to get him to stop, but he bites onto my tail, not hard. I kick my hind leg back and he steps away, knowing full well that I'm serious. There's no way I could let him mark me, I have better things to do and the pain would be intense. In the end it would cause more trouble than it is worth.

We finish the patrol with little convorsation and find nothing near our borders. They are not official, but other rogues tend to know that we are here. As for packs, they don't. We have encountered pack members, but most of the time we run as we dont want to risk the lives of the little demons (children). The many times that they have came after us, I ended up being the one fighting and distracting.

By the time me and Gerret get to our small home it is far past midnight. I shift back as soon as the door closes behind me and find myself naked along with Gerret. I feel his presence behind me as I look through my pile of clothes for something that I could call my pajamas for tonight.

He places his hands on my hips and I freeze, wondering what he wants again. He pulls my hair back so that I stand straight against him. "Yes?" I ask, slightly irritated at how touchy he is being.

I could practically hear him smirk as he doesnt say anything. He moves his hands off my hips and up my body slowly. Not before long he cups my breasts and rests his head on my shoulder. "Can I mark you?" He asks casually. For something that should not be asked like that, he does it quite often. I sigh, shaking my head and try to step away, but he wraps his arms around me. "Please?" He asks sweetly, grazing his teeth over my neck.

My legs shiver as it tingled, but my wolf was upset. She is deadset on finding her mate and when we do, it is going to cause hell. We have some differing opinions.

"Gerret, you know how I feel," I say. He is still for a moment before kissing my neck and letting me go. "You're just so hard to resist Hazel, my wolf even wants you," he mumbles, but I could hear him clearly. His wolf is not like any other I had met, but I believe it's the rejection making him do this.

"Let's just go to bed," I smile lightly, gently grabbing his hand and leading him to the bed, "after I find some clothes," I suddenly remember. Gerret laughs and walks away for a second and then brings back one of his shirts. "Here, this always looks good on you," he smirks, tossing it to me.

---

Picture is of Gerret. I hope you enjoyed my first chapter!

All my chapters were doubled SO I unpublished and republished everything. The old chapters go up to 43 and idk if I'll update, but if I do, you know where to go