Chapter 20 (ACTUAL ENDING):)

Josh’s POV

Once I was back in California I entered my trailer on the movie set. I just walked to the center of the little area and looked around. I sighed and walked to the kitchen sink, pulling out an apple from the bowl and started brewing coffee. I just held the apple in my hand after I watched it, I saw Arianna’s face in the shine of the apple, pain in her eyes.

I gripped the apple in my hand then sent it flying across the room before it smashed into the wall next to the bedroom.

Arianna was right, I was partying a lot and having a good time. I never drank before I met Arianna. But after the break up I felt like it helped me drown my sorrows in a way. So I would knock back alcohol while forgetting everything. It wasn’t the best solution but it seemed to help, for a while. Until I started getting in trouble and thinking back to how happy I was with Arianna.

Going to visit her I thought I could fix thing, where we could at least be friends. But it didn’t happen that way. She pushed and shoved me while she yelled in my face. Usually I wouldn’t let a girl do that to me but I took it, because I knew I deserved it. After seeing her pained expression and tears streaming down her face I knew the pain I caused her was evident.

“Hey Josh, you’re back? So soon? How did it go?” My manager said to me as she entered onto my trailer, bombarding me with questions.

“I just want to be left alone please.” I said as I sat myself on the mini couch and placed my face in my hands.

“No.” she laughed but then cut herself off when she saw a tear streak down my cheek and the apple smashed on the floor next to me. “Look, Josh. You have an interview in 30 minutes. So I suggest you put your problems to the side and get yourself together. After the interview ill take you to a therapist or something.” She said sitting next to me, placing her hand on my shoulder.

Elaine is my new manager since my old one was screwing with my career. She is not the type to become friends with their clients. She sort of just does what she needs to do to help me make money, including herself. I looked up at her and she smiled at me.

“Okay. You’re right. I’ll be ready in 20.” She nodded and left slamming the door behind her. I sighed as I entered my bathroom.

~~

“I can’t believe this!” Elaine yelled as she joined me back in the trailer after the interview. “You totally blew that interview! I felt depressed just watching you up there. The interviewer was bored and so was the audience. This was one of your biggest interviews you have done and you blew it!!” I sat down ignoring her. I really just wanted to sleep.

“Elaine can you please leave. I’m tired and just want to take a nap.” I was starting to get sick of this.

“No, no you may not!” I looked at her raising my eyebrows at her tone.

“All I want is a nice, quiet, slee-“

“Josh. No.” she interrupted me. “You have to me at the set in 10 minutes. There is no time.” Just by her face expression I could tell she had no sympathy.

“You know, Elaine. I’ve been putting up with this for 3 years and I’m about to break. You know wha-“

“What!?” she cut me off once more.

“Don’t cut me off! You know what you’re fired. Get out of here.” I said calming down and walking into my room, but stopped before closing the door to see her physically leave.

“Fine.” Was all she said as she grabbed her bag and left through the doors. I have a lot to think about, and I think I have an idea. I glanced over at the picture I had of Arianna and smiled. Then I grabbed my jacket and headed out of the trailer.