Chapter 18

Josh’s POV

“Thank you. And be sure to tell Lucas I said bye again.” I said saying my goodbyes to Ellie. Then she pulled me close to her face and she whispered in my ear.

“Do what’s best for you and Arianna. Don’t hold her and yourself back if you can’t handle it.” She nodded her head and released me as I slouched back. I could feel Arianna next to me, anxious. I looked over at her and gave her a smile but she didn’t smile back. I knew she was curious as to what Ellie said.

Is she saying I should break up with Arianna? I mean, she was right. It dawned on me that if I stayed with Ari and we never got to see each other, she would be miserable, as will I. it wasn’t fair of me to keep her confined like that, she deserved to enjoy her life. College and all.

My side door opened then and there stood one of the body guards. He turned his back to me to start making a path through the fans. I stopped a couple of times to say hi and give hugs. I even signed some things and took some pictures. I was really lucky to have fans like these.

Heading towards the door I stopped and turned around to see Arianna. She was walking towards me with her head down, looking uncomfortable. I decided that I might as well make our last time together worth it. I stopped walking and waited for her to join next to me. I smiled at her and she returned it with a faint half smile.

She seems really upset.

I looked down at her hands, picking up her right one to hold in mine. It helped by making her smile grow wider but then it fades just as quickly as it appeared. She was looking around and I noticed what she was looking at. All of a sudden all flashes and cameras went off. I could tell Arianna wasn’t sure about this.

“It's okay.” She looked back up to me, her face glowing in the sun making her blue eyes pop. “I don’t care what they say.” I whispered to her, in hope to make her more comfortable. She smiled up at me and then I continued to walk through the crowd with Arianna on my arm. I heard a couple of fans call out my name and then Arianna’s name and it made me smile, them thinking we were together. It made my stomach cringe as I thought about how it wouldn’t work and I would have to end it.

I tightened my grip on Ari’s hand and she returned with a smile.

That was the last time I saw her smile.

~~

I now stand alone in the rows of seats in front of my fight. Arianna was gone, along with everything else. She was my happiness and I let her go. It was the right thing to do right? I had to think about her. If I stayed with her there would be the risk of fights because she saw me with the lead actress on my next movie or I didn’t talk to her that day. I didn’t want to have to fight with her. It would be too hard.

When she finally disappeared around the corner with Chloe by her side I fell into the chair. Rubbing my eyes I tried to eliminate any presence of tears which were running down my face. I’ve never cried over a girl like this before. The pain I felt, it was too hard. I knew I would get over it eventually but I just didn’t know how long it would take. I bent forward and rested my elbows on my knees with my face in my hands.

I hope I made the right decision.

I looked around to see there weren’t that many people around. There was a man on his laptop chowing down on a bagel. He wore a business suit indicating he was probably on a business trip. Across from him was another man but he had a little girl next to him. She was curled up, her blonde wavy hair rested on his side as he stoked her back. I smiled to her when she peeked her eyes open and looked at me.

She looked just like Arianna. Long blonde hair, stunning blue eyes, tiny mouth and she had the most natural looking blush on her face. It made a lump in my throat appear so I turned to look in the other direction.