Chapter 3

“Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!” I screeched as we hit the cold air outside. I was lost for words when I had finally snapped out of it. “Did I just run into Joshua Ryan Hutcherson?!?” I set my bags down as Aunt Ellie looked at me wide eyed.

“Wow I’ve never seen you so excited before Arianna.” She dug threw her purse looking for her cell, continuing to stare at me. She probably thought I was going to have a heart attack.

“I just...” I started to say but then I realized something. This isn’t me. I don’t freak out over a celebrity…fan girls are my worst pet peeve.

So I silently did it in my head.

I mean…Josh isn’t just any normal celebrity…he is a god. He isn’t famous for his looks and you never see him on the news about doing drugs or were in jail for a week. No…he was the guy who recorded a video for the “Straight but not Narrow” campaign and received the Vanguard award. He adopted animals and was a caring, thoughtful guy. But he was also a very talented actor along with being a stud.

“If I didn’t know any better…I would say my little niece has a bit of a celebrity crush.” She raised her eyebrows at me and winked. She was right.

“So how does the big city work? Do we take a cab or do you have a car?” in my attempt to change the subject I got back to where we were…in reality.

“Nice.” She nodded her head. “My car is parked over here.” She smiled to me and pulled me along to follow her.

Once at her car I was very eager to get out of here…to see the big city. New York City. The parking garage was dark and they always made me nervous, all those scary movies get to your head eventually. it was chilly in the parking garage but once we were out the heat hit me. i thought georgia heat was bad?

We pulled out and the sun shot right into my face. I pulled on my sunglasses to be greeted by tall buildings. They were huge. I looked in all directions and probably looked like a crazy person.

Aunt Ellie let out a laugh when she looked at me gawking my eyes at the skyscrapers and the lights.

“It's beautiful.” I plainly said. She nodded her head in agreement but didn’t say another word, letting me enjoy the scenery.

About 10 minutes went by so it is pretty dark out now, and even hotter. Aunt Ellie put on the air conditioning and i enjoyed it hitting my face.

“What do you say about some food?” I quickly nodded my head thinking how hungry I am. I sat nestled myself into her comfortable car and pulled my phone out.

To Chloe Gaza

Hey miss you already. You would never guess who I literally ran into!!! Text me soon. I’m sure you’re busy having fun without me. –Ari

I tucked my phone away into my shirt and turned the radio on.

Dinner was great. She took me to this pizza parlor that sells the best New York pizza. I am definitely glad I came.

I kept thinking about running into Josh Hutcherson, mainly because he was so hard it felt like a wall! The look he gave me though when I looked at him was lingering in my head. Fear? I would be too…he must have fans throwing themselves at him all the time. He probably thought I was another one of them who was going to jump him. I laughed at myself and continued to listen to the radio.

Aunt Ellie gave me a tour of New York City and she even drove by where they were making the memorial of 911. I took a bunch of pictures and intend to send them to my printer at home so they are ready at home, and for Chloe to look at them.