Chapter 14

Arianna’s POV

I clutched my hands on the steering wheel and looked out the window with Chloe next to me. Going on and on about this guy she met yesterday, apparently he was here on leave from the military or something. I don’t know I wasn’t listening.

All I knew was that today was the day where I would have to tell Josh. He’s leaving tomorrow and I know I need to tell him. What was bothering me the most was, Josh was acting weird the past couple days. Like he has been quiet and the only time he talked was with Chloe or his manager. I never hear him talk.

He’s been sleeping next to me every night since I found out about Kaiden. I now realize how much I over reacted with the whole Kaiden situation, and took things to the extreme when it wasn’t necessary. If I suspected Kaiden of cheating I should have confronted him up front and broke up with him. Instead I did the high school teen thing, being over dramatic and causing unnecessary drama.

Josh has been good with dealing with my bull shit, but I feel he is getting tired of everything. Maybe he misses his best friend? I don’t know.

When I woke up this morning josh had his arms around me holding me tight in a spooning position. I turned over and looked at his face. Even while sleeping he looked sad. I escaped his embrace and headed to Chloe’s room, demanding we get out of the house and do something.

We decided to go shopping and then we went to a movie.

“You know what I think?” Chloe said bringing me out of my deep thought.

“Oh god. Not another therapy session.” Ever since the incident Chloe had been my personal therapist.

“I’m not going to lecture you or anything, but. I think you should talk to Josh. Something is obviously bothering him and he needs to know that you recognize it and you want to help.” She was right, as usual. I looked over at her from the driver’s seat and laughed when her face was as serious as I have ever seen it. I quickly stopped when she glared at me. “I’m serious. I’ve never felt so much tension in one house before.”

“You’re right. And I think I know what is wrong with him.” She looked confused at me and waited for me to explain myself. “He saw my scars. When he questioned me on them I shrugged him off. Telling him I would tell him when I’m ready.” she nodded her head and looked out the window.

“My guess is that he doesn’t know how to feel.” I sighed out loud and put more focus on driving, since last time I almost got us lost.

“I’m going to tell him today. He leaves tomorrow and I don’t want him to be filming and interviewing with no closure of my issue.”

We walked through the front doors of my aunt’s house and went right up into our rooms to put away our newly purchased items. When I opened my door though, there stood Josh in the middle of my room, looking down at the floor. When he heard me open the door his head snapped up and his eyes showed guilt and dread. I slowly entered the room, not knowing what it was going on.

“Hey.” I said to him, hoping to hear his voice.

He just looked at me but then sighed and sat on the edge of our bed. “Hey.” I walked over to him and set my beds at the end of the bed and stood in front of him. He looked me in the eyes and kept a steady expression. “We need to talk.”

“I know.” I said trying to hold back a smile, for this was the first time he has talked to me directly in two days. He looked back up at me after briefly looking away and grabbed my waist pulling me on top of his lap.

We both started to talk at the same time, ending with me giggling and him smiling. “You first.” He said to me.

“I’ve decided I want to tell you about the scars.” He nodded his head and tightened his arms around me for comfort. I already knew I was going to tear up. “Well last year my family had a tragedy. My baby cousin was killed in a fire. We never got any other details in how it happened but all we did know was that he was taken from us. His name was Chris, and he was only 4 years old.” I looked back at Josh and he just had pain in his eyes, as if he knew the story.