Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Arianna's POV

I had never felt my heart beat so fast before.

He doesnt even know.

The way he looks at you, it’s just like everything about you is perfect and your all he can ask for. He’ll smile and it will remind you of shiny pearls shining in the light. And his eyes…his eyes are the kind where when you look deep enough, you can tell what kind of a man he is, getting lost in the moment those hazel beauties let you in. And most importantly, his kindness. the kindness that could kill.

He doesnt even look at me.

I watched on the TV as Josh Hutcherson was being interviewed by an interviewer you really never remember. He was wearing a light blue dress shirt with a darker blue tie. He looked amazingly adorable. But of course, I was in my fantasy world, which resolves of my admiring in my head. Around my friend Chloe, I was the girl who shrugs at guys like Josh. Big deal, he’s famous. Big deal he is a heart throb. Big deal…where was I?

See I analyze in my head. I try not to get my hopes up too much considering girls can only dream about meeting their celebrity crush, not like it actually happens…but a girl can hope.

Once the channel turned to a commercial that’s when Chloe removed her face from the screen and finally paid attention to me. Even though I was practically doing the same thing she was, I was just very good at hiding it.

“Okay, so.” She said turning to face me. “What are we doing today?” I looked at her and then frowned down at my hands playing with the fringe on my pants.

“Um…well. anything you want to do I guess. I mean, I leave tomorrow and I really can’t spend much money so I can have enough for the long summer ahead.”

She sighed and then leaned back on the black leather couch. She hated my couch choice but I didn’t care. It gets really hot in Georgia and the leather cools so it feels good on hot summer nights, not like I’m going to be here anyway.

I was going to go to visit my aunt and her newly added husband in the North, I’ve never been up there but I heard it gets cold and the leaves turn, so weird. I am going to be there until school starts again and I have no idea what I’m going to be doing in the mean time. I heard it’s all trees and woods. On the bright side, she is meeting me in New York City when my plane lands so she can show me the big city.

“Ariannaaaaaa…” she knocked me out of my thoughts. I looked at her and she laughed at herself. “I said, how about we go to the beach? It’s been a couple days and you need to get extra tan before you go to where all the pale people are.” I looked at her and laughed at how much she thinks of people.

“Well I don’t feel like dying from a sun stroke before I leave or developing skin cancer. And they are not all pale.” I said seeming hurt by her comment. “Marie has been living up there for 5 years now and she is just as tan as me.”

Chloe huffed and then got up off the couch grabbing for my hand to get me up. “Common you bum. We are going to the beach, grab your things, get changed, and meet me in the kitchen in 10.” I shook my head at her. She so bossy but I love her, she’s my best friend.

I’ve known her since we were in Elementary School, almost 12 years now, more than a decade. And we haven’t changed as friends, except the physical part. She grew to be tall and slender with nice flowy brown hair and deep chocolate eyes. I am so jealous of her dimples though. While me…well…I’m no Victoria Secret model but I have my blessings…like my blonde hair and blue eyes. They have always set me apart from my friends. As I got older my hair grew darker and my eyes lighter, from a dark blue to an almost Caribbean ocean blue. Also the fact that I have curves and long legs just makes me stand out.