Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Arianna’s POV

I was rushing around packing clothes and necessities for my aunt’s house when there was a knock at the front door.

“Chloe!” no answer. “Chloe!!!” I yelled for her but I didn’t get an answer. I abandoned my piles of clothes and suitcases to open the door. When I went through the living I found Chloe. She was passed out on the couch with a little drool. She had been studying her books since she is doing summer classes for becoming a vet. She has wanted to get a puppy but I told her we needed to wait until we have enough money together to afford one.

I walked over to the door to look out the window and find the mail man. He was patiently waiting on the other side of the door rocking himself on his heal. When I opened the door he smiled at me and greeted, “Hello miss, is this the residence of a Arianna Greene?” I nodded at him and smiled back. “Great! I have a package for you.” He handed me a medium sized brown box. It must have been no more bigger than my head.

“Thanks.” I said as he handed me the signature pad to sign for the package.

“Have a nice day miss.” He tipped the little hat thing he was wearing and almost skipped down the walkway. How odd? He seemed really happy.

I examined the box being sure not to move it around too much considering I have no idea what’s inside. There were no names or labels to give me any idea where it came from. Only that it came from somewhere in Georgia.

I backed back into the apartment and bumped into another body mass behind me. Chloe was finally awake and was taken aback by my bump in. she laughed at me and then looked at the box.

“I’m sorry Arianna! Whose that from?” I shrugged my shoulders and went to the table to open it.

She stood close by next to me as I ripped open the top of the box. Inside it revealed it was full of tissue paper. One I removed all the fluffy paper I was taken aback by what remained. It was a single rose and a little note.

Arianna,

I know I’ve made mistakes in the past but I think this separation has made me want you more than ever and I realized I can’t live without you. Please forgive me and let’s give us another go.

Love,

Marcus

For some reason I let out a loud roar of laughter as I finished reading the note. I ripped it up and threw it, along with the rose, back into the box. Only them to throw it in the trash.

I went back to my packing, acting like it never happened.

Flight 36 for LaGuardia AirPort, New York. The announcer said above me. I looked around to see people lining up to enter the plane. I looked at Chloe and we both pouted our lips.

“I’m gunna miss you. I can’t believe your leaving me for 2 whole months!” she playfully pushed my arm and grinned at me. “What am I going to do in that apartment by myself.”

I pretended to think. “Well, you could have a boy over. Just stay out of my room with them okay?” We both laughed as she grabbed me for a hug.

“Give Aunt Ellie a hug for me okay?” I nodded my head to her and then bent down to pick up my bags. Before I could started walking away she said, “You know that your Josh is flying into New York this afternoon too right?” she winked at me and I rolled my eyes.