Chapter 17

Arianna’s POV

“Will you stop doing that please!?” I said forcefully to Chloe. She let go of my arm and sat in silence next to me. On my other side was Josh. He was looking out the window at the houses that passed by. He must have felt me watching him when he turned and looked at me. He shot me a smile and I smiled back.

I can’t believe he is leaving. The drive to the airport has never been so quiet and weird. I reached for Josh’s hand as he eagerly took mine in his and entwined our fingers. He gently squeezed my hand as I looked over at him.

Who would have guessed I would be this way with Josh, Josh Hutcherson! The famous actor with all his success in movies and the media. I remember being so fan girlish, on the inside, over him. And now he is my boyfriend, holding my hand.

As we inched closer to the airport I felt my stomach drop. His flight isn’t for a couple of hours but I knew they would go quickly. In the drop off area of the airport there were 2 security people standing with authority, waiting for Josh Hutcherson’s arrival. Behind the security, however, was at least 50 people standing around with signs and calling out Josh’s name.

I looked over at him when he noticed the crowd. His expression didn’t change but he did release a sigh.

“How did they find out?” he asked looking from me to Chloe. We both shrugged our shoulders.

“Honestly, anyone could have known you were here and could have found out you were leaving.” Chloe said as she gathered her purse, ready to exit the car. My Aunt Ellie looked over at us and smiled to Josh.

“Well it was nice meeting you Josh. Hope everything works out with everything.” Josh reached out for my aunt’s hand, considering they couldn’t hug from being in the car. She placed her hand in his and he smiled at her.

“Thank you. And be sure to tell Lucas I said bye again.” Lucas unfortunately had to work this morning so he couldn’t be here to say by to Josh. Instead he said his farewells last night when we got home from a movie and ice cream.

“I will.” She said releasing Josh’s hand. Then she leaned over to him and whispered in his ear. I looked over at Chloe who raised her eyebrows and looked back at me. When Josh pulled away his expression was blank. He looked at me and gave me a weak smile.

What was that about?

“Okay Aunt Ellie we will see you later.” I said to her as we started piling out of the car.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to pick you up?” she said to me threw the rolled down window.

“Yeah, Chloe and I will catch a taxi. I’ll talk to you later. Love you.”

I grabbed my bag and followed Chloe and Josh, being protected by the big, muscled man next to me. I looked to Josh who was saying high to fans and giving hugs while signing a few things as we walked through the crowd. He really treats his fans well. Most celebrities brush them off and don’t do anything. It made me smile I was dating such a nice man.

He turned to look at me as he worked his way backwards to me. Josh was standing in front of me smiling as he grabbed my hand. My first instinct was to smile but then I frowned looking at all the cameras snapping pictures in that moment.

“It's okay.” Josh whispered to me. “I don’t care what they say.” I smiled up at him and let him pulled me through the fans until we were through the airport doors, standing in the lobby. I bunch of the airport staff followed us in with Josh’s luggage.

I wonder what it would be like to be treated like this all the time.

Just then a boy walked up to Josh and I. he had to be our age maybe younger. 16 maybe? He had on a paint covered sweatshirt and ripped jeans. His dirty looking hair had a black beanie on it and his face was covered in acne. His bright green eyes were wide and crazy looking. He was standing in front of us but then looked at me and when in to reach for me. One of the security men stepped in between us and pushed the guy away. He threw his hands up in the air and backed away.