Chapter 10

Josh’s POV

“Okay so what’s our course of action?” Chloe said to me as she took a giant bite out of her slice of pizza.

All of us were huddled around the kitchen table trying to come up with a plan but I couldn’t take my concentration from Arianna.

She sat across from me talking to her Aunt and Chloe as Lucas tried to talk to me. I guess he noticed I was distracted when I didn’t hear him talking anymore. Arianna looked more gorgeous than the first time I saw her. I don’t know if it was love at first sight but it was something. And threw the time Arianna and Kaiden were dating, my envy and sadness started to form stronger feelings for her.

A couple of weeks ago Kaiden had cheated on her with this one night stand, I knew from the very loud noises that were apparent in his room. My feelings were so strong for Arianna at that point that I confronted Kaiden about it. He told me that it was none of my business and that if I breathed a word of it to her I was going to regret it.

Now, I’m not scared of Kaiden but…she did a big favor for me a while ago and I felt like I still owed him. When the opportunity to get revenge to him came up I took it. Arianna thinks she is just going to find out what is actually happening with the “guy trip to Canada” but I will use this to one, make Arianna realize what kind of asshole he actually is and two, make him realize how wrong he is and to know how it feels to lose something special.

“Josh?” I was snapped out of my thoughts when I was faced with big blue eyes. “Did you hear me?” Arianna blinked her eyes making her eyelashes batter in front of me. She is so beautiful, I just want to…

“I’m sorry I was in another place.” I said looking around to everyone apologetically. They all nodded as the girls giggled. I flashed a smile as I saw Arianna’s aunt look from me to her husband and then look away. Wow, I guess I do have some kind of effect on girls. I looked down at my hands not trying to show that I noticed her embarrassment.

I don’t know why she would even look at me. I know this is going to sound wrong but she has a good looking husband, I wished I had his looks. But I was brought up to never take for granted what you already have.

“Okay, so we are going to try and get Chloe to go on the trip with him. She will allure and seduce him with her sexy self.” Arianna said as her and Chloe started laughing. “And hopefully he will agree.”

She looked at me for reassurance. “Your beautiful Chloe, I don’t see why he would refuse.” Chloe over dramatically flipped her hair.

“Well I can’t help what I was born with.” After a round of laughter we continued our plan.

“So.” I said gaining everyone’s attention. “What about when she gets there?” there was silence as everyone looked puzzled.

“Well we all have to get to Canada and I guess we will figure it all out then.” Ellie said hoping it was a good idea.

“I have work though.” Lucas said standing up from his seat. “And so do you Ellie.” Ellie looked at Arianna pleading but then she nodded her head.

“We will help you from here but I can’t go.”

“Oh don’t even worry about it. We got this.” Arianna said as Chloe put her arm around her.

“Okay so when does Kaiden plan to leave for this trip?” Lucas asked me. I had to think about what today was and then I realized he was leaving tonight.

“He’s leaving tonight. But I have an idea with how to get him to let Chloe come.” They listened to my plan and agreed it was a good idea.

“Okay so Chloe will go to his job tonight around dinner. And she will do her stuff there, hopeful it works.” Arianna said reiterating what we decided.