Chapter 5

Josh’s POV

I watched as she got into her car and pulled away. She quickly looked my way before driving away and smiled at me. There is something different about her, probably the fact that she didn’t attack me or freak out on me. It made me want to be around her more. She was so beautiful, her blonde hair and the way it was shaped around her face. And her eyes…her eyes were so blue it was unbelievable.

We caught up a bit and headed to the park to shoot some hoops. We played for about 2 hours and then went out for something to eat.

“So? How were things in Cali?” he asked while he took a giant bite out of his burger. I was really hungry and annoyed, I just didn’t want to talk about it anymore.

“Well I mean, it’s the same. Can we talk about something else?” he nodded his head understanding and shoved a handful of fries in his mouth.

“I can’t get her out of my head.” He laughed at himself.

“Has the infamous player Kaiden found love?” He stared at my remark and smirked.

“Hell no! What do I look like? I mean she’s cute and everything but I’m looking for something that would last at the minimum a week.” I couldn’t believe him. Why am I friends with him? Oh yeah that one time when he saved my life…

“So what you think?” Kaiden said snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked at him and his eyes went wide.

“What?”

“What do you think about Arianna?” he asked again. I shrugged my soldiers not knowing what to say.

“She seems cool.”

“Yeah. She is really cool, and beautiful.” Like I didn’t notice. I smiled at him and we continued to walk toward my car. “And I’m thinking about calling her later and asking her out.” He lifted his arm to show me her hand writing on his forearm with the little numbers. I read over them and remembered the digits.

“Well I mean…you don’t really know her?” I said. I really didn’t want him asking her out. She seemed so sweet and Kaiden…well, he isn’t exactly a one girl man. He has been a player since the 8th grade.

He looked at me raising an eyebrow. “What does that have to do with anything?” he laughed out loud. I rolled my eyes and hopped into my car and headed to his apartment, with him following close behind me.

Back at the apartment everything was the same. My room still was in one piece, thank god. Who knows from all the parties Kaiden throws I’m surprised I didn’t find used condoms or empty beer bottles on my floor. Yet again, he probably cleaned all the evidence up.

I set my suitcase on my bed and jumped onto the available part of it and rested my eyes.

I was awoken by a yelp. I looked at my phone and the time read 4:50 pm. I was asleep for 3 hours. Time difference! I shook my head trying to shake the tired feeling and I crawled out of the bed. I walked to my door when I heard a huge bang coming from Kaidens room. I opened my door and slowly walked over to his door. Once I opened his door I saw him in his bed, with a girl sitting on top of him. They were both naked and breathing heavy.

Before they could see me I closed the door, went back into my room and turned my music up on full blast. I started to get ready for the gala which was in 2 hours. I would be seeing Arianna and that made me smile and make sure everything was perfect. I chose a plain black tux with a red dress shirt underneath. I took a shower, styled my hair with gel and dressed into my outfit.

This was the longest I have ever gotten ready, and hour and a half. I found my black dress shoes and put them on, spraying myself with my axe cologne.

I still remembered Arianna’s number and I contemplated if I should call her…I didn’t know how she would respond. So instead I decided on talking to her later. I was curious to know if Kaiden would actually ask her out, after having that girl in his bed.

It takes about 30 minutes to get to the gala so I decided to head out now so I could have 30 minutes to stop off and pick something up…

I got into my car and headed to the gala but first I stopped off at a little flower shop. I walked in and it was deserted except for a little old lady sitting at the counter flipping through a magazine. When the little bell on top of the door rang her head snapped up and she smiled at me.

“Its not very often we get nicely dress up young men coming in here. What can I do for you?” I looked at her and froze when I saw all types of flowers around me. Not knowing anything about flowers I decided to start there.

“Well there is this girl I met today, and she is unlike anybody I have every come across. She is going to be at the gala happening on Main Street and I wanted to get her a single flower.”

She pondered for a little bit but then she snapped her finger and disappeared into the back of the store. She came back with three flowers in her hands.

“These are the best choices. A white rose which means purity, innocence and secrecy” She held up a nice, soft white rose and handed it to me. “Another great flower is the Chrysanthemum flower. They stand for friendship and loyalty.” She then handed me the flower, it was yellow and had millions of little pedals, and it was really pretty. “The third one is a Forget Me Not. They are really great for showing your admiration for her and they will add color to the date.” I smiled at the thought of her holding these little blue flowers up to her face bringing out the color of her eyes.

“These are perfect.” I said as I took the Forget Me Nots from her and handed the other two flowers back. “These are beautiful but a rose is too common and the Chrysant-eh-bla bla is way to plain for her.”

She smiled at me and nodded her head. “Okay ill ring it up for you. Is that all?” I nodded as pulled out my credit card. She put a little tubey thing on the end of it filled with water to help it live, it was quite brilliant. I can’t wait to give it to her and see her face.

“Thanks a lot for your help.” I said to her and took one of her business card to have in my wallet. I took the flower from her and left the little flower shop. It smelt beautiful and I lingered a bit at the door before letting it close behind me and walk into the sunlight.